Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,837   Posts: 1,582,440   Online: 696

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Bergger BPF 200 and JandC Classic 200 are the same film. I've shot them side by side of the same image and developed the negatives in the same tray of pyro on more than one occaision. I cannot tell any difference whatsoever in terms of grain, degree of stain, color of stain, shadow density, highlight density or scale. None. Go with JandC because it's less expensive.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    In a previous message Paul wrote:

"It was as if the motting was inversely proportional to the time spent in the presoak. I will pursue this further. I will also start using metaborate in my presoak again."

For Pyrocat-HD I recommend the use of sodium carbonate in place of metaborate. The addition of metaborate to the pre-soak water should work fine with pyrogallol based developers but Pyrocatechin and metaborate are not compatible and the addition of even a minute quantity of metaborate may result in a significant reduction in the develoment energy of Pyrocat-HD.

Sandy King

Ole
    Shooter
    Large Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Interesting thought - how about using metaborate as an alkaline stop for Pyrocat-HD?

The Sodium Carbonate equivalent of Pyrocat-HD 1:1:100 can be mixed by adding 10ml "A" to 1 liter water with 6.3g Sodium Carbonate (monohydrate). I would use significantly lower concentration in a presoak bath, probably just enough to tip the pH to the alkaline side.
    -- Ole Tjugen, Luddite Elitist
    Norway

Shooter
    Large Format
    Jimmy I dont know. I did not see the problem when I kept the film in the soup. WHo know man, but I could not be happier wih Pyrocat HD, why mess witha good thing?

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin