Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,832   Posts: 1,582,342   Online: 942

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    GROAN.

That was awful Chris.

PE

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Sounds like a piss-poor way to develop film.

Sorry, couldn't help myself.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    During the war, it was common use in the résistance, there was nothing else, and now AGFA has gone...
    "...If you can not stand the rustle of the leafs, then do not go in to the woods..."
    (freely translated quote by Guido Gezelle)

PS: English is only my third language, please do forgive me my sloppy grammar...

Shooter
    35mm
    I doubt urine would be that suitable as a developer. The smell is different. Developers usually have a soap like smell. But the TF-4, which is an alkaline fixer, has the right smell, and even stronger intensity. This seems promising. Especially since the price of TF-4 has gone up so much. May be it's time to experiment.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by middy View Post
    I thought D-76 smelled a bit like urine when I was mixing it up for the first time last week...
    Now that you mention it, yeah. Dektol kinda smells like horse pee.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Photo Engineer View Post
    In Grant Haist's book "Modern Photographic Processing" he describes the use of both urine and wine alone for development. I guess using the combination of urine after drinking wine is not so far fetched or such a stretch as the tannins would pass through the body to a certain extend, and the byproducts of metabolism are related to developing agents.

PE
    In Troop and Anchell's Film Developing Cookbook it is stated that the benzene pyrocatechin is a constituent of human urine.

I wonder if urine based developers stain and tan?

Probably not if there is sulfite in there, as there might be after excessive consumption of wine. The stain of pyrocatechin is highly sensitive to an excess of sulfite.

Sandy King

Shooter
    Plastic Cameras
    horse urine smells very strongly of ammonia.

I just want to know how these sick people came to discover that developing in urine works. My guess would be that like most things written on photography, the author cobbled their writing together from other peoples writing. So it only takes one joker to write it and and everyone else does too.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Sigh. Makes me nostalgic for the days when all had to worry about in the darkroom was light leaks.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    All I can say is, I'd hate to see what they TONE film with....

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    I know some people who actually drink their own urine, so this can't be too bad. I'm going to try this.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin