Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,500   Posts: 1,543,316   Online: 922

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

great graph paper resource

I have been fine tuning the development parameter on a home brewed version of Harvey's 777, and came to realize that my data would be a lot easier to chart if I used semi-log graph paper. 'Where would I find that?' was my next thought. I turned to Google, and bing- up it came:

http://www.csun.edu/science/ref/meas...aph_paper.html

A very handy little tool.

I have been using this developer for about 4 months now, and so far, am very happy with it. I find that it works very nicely in high key studio lighting situations, as well as landscapes that include portions of sunlit snow.

I know that there are more main stream developers, but I find that D-76/HC110/xtol sort of look quite similar to me.

I have worked through PMK and Pat Gainers vitamin C variants in the last few years as well. I guess that it is just a phase I am going through.

I know that 777 has been discussed extensively here and on other sites a few years ago, so I will hold off on any comments on how I use it until I can add beyond what has been said in the past..

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Excel can do semi-log graphs as well.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Mike I would be interested in the formula you are using. I have been using the Panthermic 777 but it is expensive and I doubt it is the same formulation as Harvey's 777.

Could you post it?

Patrick

CBG

Shooter
    Multi Format
    May or may not be same as what you are looking for but the 777 formulas I've run across. I am note sure of authenticity.

Harvey's 777 Fine Grain Developer / Germain's PPD Fine Grain Developer

Distilled water (125° F) 700 ml
    Metol 7 g
    Sodium sulfite 70 g
    Paraphenylene Diamine (base) 7 g
    Glycin 7 g
    Cold distilled water to 1 liter

Use without dilution.
    Replenish with same formula.
    Use full strength.
    Replenish with stock.
    Works best after it has had 5 or 6 rolls run through and has ripened and stabilized.
    Develop 9 to 15 minutes at 75 º F.
    Keeps almost indefinitely.
    May or may not be the same as the famous Harvey 777.

Best,

C

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

MJW's run with Harveys 777.

per the interest, here is what I have been up to. It is an attachement, because it goes on and on
    Attached Files

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin