Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,708   Posts: 1,548,563   Online: 1119

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Re: Polywarmtone

Try Fomatone MG 131 - It is a good substitute.

- Thomas

Quote Originally Posted by jeroldharter View Post
    Ditto.

I assume that the Ilford Selenium toner is the same concentration as KRST. So 1:10 for 5 minutes (at room temp) would result in a very reddish print in my darkroom. Is that what you are getting?

I use KRST at 1:17 for 2:45 - 3:00 which is just before it switches to eggplant. That is long enough to remove the green and significantly increase Dmax to my eye. I use Zone VI developer 1:3.

I agree that it dries flat like Polymax did. I still flatten in a dry mount press after the print dries though.

It seems sad that everyone is looking for the next Forte Polywarmtone but I don't think it is out there. Maybe the new Adox paper will come through.
    "Often moments come looking for us". - Robert Frank

"Make good art!" - Neil Gaiman

"...the heart and mind are the true lens of the camera". - Yousuf Karsh

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Thomas Bertilsson View Post
    Re: Polywarmtone

Try Fomatone MG 131 - It is a good substitute.

- Thomas
    Yes, that is also my experience.

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Jerold commented:

"I assume that the Ilford Selenium toner is the same concentration as KRST. So 1:10 for 5 minutes (at room temp) would result in a very reddish print in my darkroom. Is that what you are getting?"

No, not at all. When I look at a toned print, the print color seems pretty neutral. When I compare toned with untoned, the difference is slight though apparent.

This is my first use of the Ilford Selenium and I haven't used KRST for about five years, now. I assumed they'd be about the same; perhaps someone who knows can comment on this.

Gary,

East Snook, TX

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin