Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,771   Posts: 1,484,332   Online: 1188

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by jackc View Post
    What kind of argument is that? Companies "recommend" things for lots of reasons, most of which are not necessarily to help their customers! I thought everybody knew that already. And here you come, out of nowhere.
    Well, you know there are a lot of companies out there making exaggerated claims about their products. I know that, and so do lots of other people. Kodak is not one of them in my experience. All I can say is that I've used their recommendations and they work very well. We're not talking about books or records here, where the judgments are subjective. We are talking about measurable, quantifiable results - real numbers that can be charted and analyzed. Real numbers that you can reproduce and use as a starting point for your own purposes. Read the tech sheets available for Kodak's products. They are the most comprehensive in the business. Everything you need to know about their B&W film products is in there.

And I repeat, what's the value to Kodak if they release bad information? The customer buys the product once, has a bad result, and Kodak loses a customer. Makes no sense. Can they make mistakes? Sure. Do they try their best to fix it? You bet.

Shooter
    35mm
    Of the deveopers you have on hand I would use undiluted D-76. If you can get it, Ilford Microphen work very well with TMX. You get full speed, decent grain, excellent sharpness and some contrast control.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    The best negs I ever made with TMX was in Rodinal. I shot the film at an exposure index of 50, and then used a 1+75 dilution for an amount of minutes currently escaping my mind. I thought it was a brilliant combination. Very sharp and tight grain and super high acutance.
    - Thomas
    "Often moments come looking for us". - Robert Frank

"Make good art!" - Neil Gaiman

"...the heart and mind are the true lens of the camera". - Yousuf Karsh

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin