Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,499   Posts: 1,543,164   Online: 1146

Shooter
    Pinhole

105 mm microfilm/fiche

I have been trying to find who (what industry) uses 105 mm source document microfilm. I see it sold in 4 and 6 packs.

I have tried several places, some of whom won't even respond and others have never seen it larger than 35mm.

I can find 1 or 2 stateside sources, but again, it's only 4-6 rolls at $60-80 a roll.

If I knew what sub-industry actually used it, it might open up more options.

Thanks
    Murray

Shooter
    35mm

105mm Film Stock

Film For Classics has Kodak Imagelink HQ and FS microfilm in 105mm wide rolls. They can spool it in 120 size for you. There are several companies which sell the 105mm stock. You can't buy just one roll and the films come in various lengths.

Shooter
    Pinhole
    Thanks!
    Murray

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Murray, my first real job was producing microfiche for a bank. They used Ilford micrographics film that came on long rolls (250 or 500' I think) and was processed in standard chemistry. You got a standard negative that is just slightly larger than 4x5. This was then reproduced using diazo film that was developed using high temp ammonia - nasty but not toxic.

So, micrographics is the word you want, possibly microfiche. The trouble is that microfiche is pretty much dead technology now.

Shooter
    Pinhole
    I found sources, so far only full cases.
    Murray

Shooter
    35mm

Check in Ebay

I just saw this on Ebay-I hope it is useful to you (I don't know anything about it's specs). Google this- New Kodak Imagelink DL Microfilm 820 0024 sp 929k and it should come up.

Shooter
    Pinhole
    Thank you.

DL is dry laser film. I think red laser exposes and film is dry processed with heat.

But thanks for looking out for me!
    Murray

Shooter
    Large Format
    There is a possible chance that this film is/can be used for electron microphotography.

Shooter
    Pinhole
    Hi PPD:

The DL or the original item I mentioned?

Thanks
    Murray

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin