Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,553   Posts: 1,544,989   Online: 674

Shooter
    Multi Format

kodak p3200 in point/shoot camera dev. question

A friend shot a roll of p3200 in an Olympus Epic. Previously she shot a roll of Ilford 3200 and had it lab developed no special instructions etc.. This resulted in a interesting grainy infrared look. I'm assuming they developed it @ the 3200 recommended time. Lab no longer exists so I get the task of developing! Should I assume that the camera exposed @ 3200 and use the MDC for time and temps? I will be using Rodinal. Thanks to anyone who can offer some advice!
    gp

Shooter
    35mm
    The Stylus Epic rates film speed based on DX coding, so it should have exposed at 3200 ISO. I've owned one, it was accurate as far as P&S cameras go - depending on personal preference some people prefer to develop for +1 stop - so dev for 6400. But that's really up to you.
    i can't wait to take a picture of my thumb with this beautiful camera.

- phirehouse, after buying a camera in the classifieds

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Thanks!

Shooter
    35mm
    You mention interesting grainy look from a lab. Well if it's 3200 and you intend to develop in Rodinal that grainy look will certainly still be there. Great if you like that look. Otherwise there are other developers which will tame the grain better. I appreciate that P3200 is different from Ilford Delta 3200 but the latter goes well with Perceptol, an extra fine grain developer and something similar is likely to suit P3200.

Just for info

pentaxuser

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin