Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,989   Posts: 1,524,080   Online: 1107

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Robert Hall View Post
    Ok Nige, spill it. Where did you get your little guage?
    Earth to Nige... Earth to Nige... we need answers.

Ole
    Shooter
    Large Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by IOS View Post
    Great device, I use the caveman method, holding a therm under the running water.
    NO! The correct caveman method is what I use: I hold a finger under running water.

I check my finger against a good thermometer every few months, and tend to stay within fractions of a degree of 20C.
    -- Ole Tjugen, Luddite Elitist
    Norway

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    hehe! I've been at work all day!

I got it at a electronics store here (Jaycar for the locals) a few years ago. You press the button and the display changes to fahrenheit (in hindsight, I should have took a pic of that too!). It was just on the counter with other junk no one would ever buy! Just checked their website and they don't list it as a stock item.

Never tested it for real accuracy, but it seems close enough. I just use it for a rough guide to make sure I don't wash my film with too cold or hot water.

A quick google of "inline water thermometer" turns up some fancier devices. Looks like they are used for home brewing beer. A worthy hobby!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin