Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,515   Posts: 1,572,080   Online: 1164

Shooter
    35mm

Fuji Acros in 35mm and DDX- Times?

I did a search on this and turned up enough info to make me think that these two are a good combo but there was only one thread that actually asks the above question specifically. It goes back to 2004 and received very few answers but there were two that roughly agreed on times but were for 120 film.

The times were 9 mins at 20C and 6.75 mins at 24C. Ilford doesn't list times for this combo nor does the MDC. However a number of APUGers were users of this combo and recommended it but this was on other threads where information on times and agitations was not asked for.

So, if anyone users of this combo would like to chime in, I'd appreciate it. My assumption is that in the case of Acros, times would be no different for 35mm compared to 120.

We are getting to that "Acros time of year" in the U.K. in terms of light that makes a slight speed increasing developer like DDX with a box speed rated Acros a viable proposition.

My other favourite developer is Perceptol but I don't want to really drop speed and besides, I have DDX to hand which I'd like to use.

Information on times, temp and agitation appreciated.

Thanks

pentaxuser

Shooter
    35mm
    Well this got 55 views but no replies. Maybe no-one has anything to add to the times I had already found out about. On the other hand, it could be that none of the 55 viewers were Acros and DDX users AND more importantly these days the volume of threads on APUG is such that an OP has a very limited time window within which to solicit replies before the OP "sinks without a trace" so to speak.

So just in case there are any APUGers out there who are users of this combo and simply missed the OP, I'd thought I'd raise it again.

Thanks for any answers.

pentaxuser

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    I have developed Acros in DD-X for 9 min. at 20C. The film was 35mm, exposed at box speed. This seems to work for me, though I haven't done enough experimenting with this combo to be certain that this is indeed optimal.

aparat

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Just to mention that although I don't use DDX with Acros I do use Microphen.
    Microphen is just the powder version of DDX as far as I can tell, and I use 8min 20°C for Acros.
    Hope this helps.
    Mark

Shooter
    35mm
    Thanks both. It looks as if 9 mins at 20C or thereabouts is close to the mark. That's now at least three recommendations for 9 mins. I'll maybe split the difference and go for 8.5 mins. I should really carry out tests but as I am not sure that Acros will be my ISO100 film of choice, I am hoping that 8.5-9 mins is close enough to give me acceptable negs and if the Acros negs look promising, I can fine tune from there.

Mark, I like your site. It's on my I.E. "favourites" list.The coffee developing article with the print was especially interesting.

pentaxuser

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Thank you Pentax user, I try my best. I have a few articles up my sleeve.
    I do a few film tests too, mainly because so few magazines or forums seem to be bothered about brands like Adox, Foma or Forte.
    I may do a massive developer test sometime, if my 3 children give me time....

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin