Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,828   Posts: 1,582,096   Online: 938

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Shooter
    Med. Format Pan

Film in Canada

Hello Jordan:Here in West end Toronto there is a photo store,Film Plus,which handles traditional as well as digital.I get all my supplies from them.It doesn't hurt that they are a 5 minute walk for me.They carry just about everything film wise and if they don't have it they can order it in for you.I noticed that the y just got in a shipment of film last week and I noticed a number of pro packs of plus-x 120.They may be a little more expensive than Henry's or Vistek but the service is great.

I don't know if they have a website or not but their phone number is 416-535-3747.They are open 5 days a week until 6:00 pm and until 4:00 pm on Saturdays.

Hope this helps.All times are E.D.T.

Doug

Shooter
    Multi Format

Shooter
    Med. Format RF
    In Ottawa, it appears that Ilford films are no problem (Henry's in Kanata seems to have the best choice). I have found Kodak film selection very small, particularly in 120. I can easily get TX320, but no TXP400 locally. On the other hand, Kodak chemicals are available (at least the common ones). That being said (though not related to film stocks), I was really surprised to see post-Agfa Rodinal (i.e. in the new packaging) at Henry's.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    So I called The Camera Store and they said that you can only order online, but they will add whatever is in the store on the website if you ask. They're going to contact me when they get the plus-x on there....then I'm going to buy them out.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

Canadian film

In Vancouver to order from Toronto costs major $$$ for shipping . I shop locally for small stuff but my major paper and film supplies come from California. I have a company that charges $ 23 for delivery and they take Paypal which is a safe way to pay. There is a certain amount you can order without being hit by our beloved GST & PST. Under $100 I think. Ultrafineonline.com are in California so the shipping takes 2.5 wks. Anything else is WAYYYY to long. (I do have a life) You can get a catalog and order online. They send it airmail so it will probably be the same $$$ to Edmonton. I am careful with using my CC south of the boarder because of BIG PROBLEM I ran into using mail order. With the Canadian $$ at par it is very affordable.
    Last edited by dances_w_clouds; 04-20-2008 at 03:55 AM. Click to view previous post history.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin