Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,288   Posts: 1,535,364   Online: 771

Shooter
    Medium Format

Tetenal Neofin Blue...

OK, I find this all very confusing and I bet I'm not alone. Has anyone actually ever managed to decode the dilution instructions for this ridiculous developer...? I intend using it with Adox CHS25 on 35mm using a solution volume of 300mls but can't for the sake of my life understand what the hell I'm supposed to do to dilute the little bottle of gorgeous liquid. Can anyone help me to retain my sanity...???

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I take it that you have the two documentation sheets that came with the vials?

As an example; one recommended development time for CHS 25 is 7 minutes in 500 ml of solution@20C. The solution is created by emptying the vial in a container and then topping up with water to 500 ml.

You want to use 300 ml of solution. One way of doing this is to empty the vial in a container and topping up with water to 300 ml. Correct developing time for 300 ml is to multiply the suggested 7 minutes (420 seconds) for development in 500 ml of solution with 0.6 which gives you a new development time of 4 minutes and 12 seconds (252 seconds).

4 minutes is a bit short and may result in uneven development. Another way to do this is empty half a bottle in the container, top up with water to 300 ml, and multiply the suggested development time for 1 vial - 500 ml of solution with 1.3. That is 7 minutes x 1.3 = 9 minutes and 6 seconds.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Thank you so much, next, I'll go out and get a degree in chemistry and physics. This developer had better be worth all of this hassle.
    Shaunie Boy

" For when we got bored we'd have a World war, happy but poor"... Genesis the band, not the book.

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images
    Let us know what you think after you've evaluated the results. If you find you're still interested in this developer, I have a lengthy document on Neofin that I can send you. Just drop me a PM.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by ShaunH View Post
    This developer had better be worth all of this hassle.
    I find it to be a good developer, and at higher dilutions it works really well with ADOX CHS/Efke films – at least on 120 format and when printing on a diffusion enlarger. The resulting negatives may be too sharp for comfort on a condenser enlarger.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin