Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,750   Posts: 1,515,750   Online: 1104

Shooter
    35mm
    Hello to all,
    In a week from now I'll be going for a long trip across Eastern Europe and will be carrying close to 100 rolls of film. My worry is how to protect film from x-ray machines at the airport (3 flights to get there then 3 flights back). Most of my film will be T-max 400 but I'll have around 20 rolls of Ilford Delta 3200.
    What do I do? Those protection bags are apparently good for up to 400ASA?
    Any tip would be highly appreciated.

Thanks a lot,
    Veba

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Veba,

Don't worry about the effects of x-ray on Delta 3200. I frequently pass it through as many as 10 or 12 machines on any one trip and have never experienced any fogging. I have even taken the same film on two different trips still without problem. One word of warning, don't put your film in baggage going into the hold for the machines checking that are very powerful and almost certainly will cause fogging. If you are still concerned about the machines checking the hand baggage a polite request to have the attendant inspect the film by hand usually works.

Have a good trip

Shooter
    35mm
    Thank you Les,
    I feel better now. Now just have to find the best 'deal' and buy the film.

V.

Which countries in EE want you to visit? There may be no problem to buy films you need. If you visit Prague, CZ, let me know. :O)

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin