Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,269   Posts: 1,534,439   Online: 950

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Shooter
    35mm
    About Tetenal Protectan, from Jobo site:

" A fourth way to extend the life of the solution is to use a non-oxidizing gas to replace the air in the bottle. Tetenal manufactures an aerosol (no CFC's) gas which can be sprayed into the mouth of the bottle to displace the air. As with all aerosol type products, avoid sparks, flames or smoking while using the products, because virtually all aerosol propellants are flammable."

So, a gas lighter refill bottle (butane) is way cheaper...

Jorge O

Shooter
    Large Format
    Quote Originally Posted by clogz
    I recently bought some Tetenal Protectan (400ml can) and it contains propane/butane. It is readily available here in the Netherlands and also in Germany. Can be ordered at: www.fotoimpex.de
    I would imagine that is precisely the reason that it is no longer available in the United States. We have not had "tort reform" to the extent that some idiot blowing up his childs bedroom will be kept from suing the manufacturer's A** off.
    Art is a step from what is obvious and well-known toward what is arcane and concealed.

Visit my website at http://www.donaldmillerphotography.com

Jorge O and clogz, thanks a bunch for that info. It seems that a butane/propane lighter should be suitable as long as I don't have any lawyers or government agents in my darkroom. I have one of those long nose barbeque lighters around here somewhere. If I can remove the igniter it should turn out to be the perfect solution.

I am going to run a test with half filled containers against full containers with and without gas in the half filled. I'll report back in several months.

Shooter
    35mm
    It's HIGHLY advisable to remove the ignitor...

LOL

Jorge O

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin