Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,502   Posts: 1,543,379   Online: 746

Thread: Bergger BRF 15

Shooter
    Medium Format

Bergger BRF 15

I mentioned in another thread that I was looking for a film which resembled the tones APX 25.

Has anyone any experience with Bergger BRF 15? Their website reveals very little information. Is this film similar to other Forte/ Foma/ Orwo etc?

Thanks

Shooter
    Med. Format RF
    Images
    BRF 15 is / was a very interesting film. Very fine grain, developped in standard developer. IN resolution, it is better than acros 100, but highlights are rapidly burnt.

The problem is that this film is out of stock at Bergger's, and the problem is that I don't know if it will produced again.

If you want I can ask the owner, mister Gerard...
    Aurelien, Analog Photographer

the analog place to be

Shooter
    Medium Format
    My local supplier mentioned today that all products will continue, but I know you keep a very close eye on Bergger products Aurelien!

Shooter
    Med. Format RF
    Images
    At this time, there is one sure thing: Variable NB and CB have been reintroduced. They are working on the reintroduction of Variable CM and CB style.
    Concerning the films, no one is in production. The one you can buy are stocks from Forte production. BRF 100, 200 and 400 are still available. But BRF 15 is not.
    Mr Gerard told me at the end of march that they were discussing the production of BRF 15 and 200. But he said there will be more information at the end of april.
    Concerning BRF 100 and 400 I have no information, but maybe later they will produce it back.

the analog place to be

Shooter
    Medium Format
    While you are here Aurelien, which of the Bergger fibre based papers have clean whites and chocolate brown tones (in warmtone developers)?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Gary Holliday View Post
    While you are here Aurelien, which of the Bergger fibre based papers have clean whites and chocolate brown tones (in warmtone developers)?
    I believe that's Forte you're looking for.
    Polywarmtone plus.
    So beautiful.
    So sad...

Shooter
    Med. Format RF
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Gary Holliday View Post
    I think the new variable CB is like that. But it is not the same as the former one. It seem to be close to the ilford WT.
    As far as I am concerned, I am looking for very deep blacks and very cold tones. I use Variable NB and I develop it in Tetenal eukobrom.

the analog place to be

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Has anyone ever used this film? Was it only available in 120? How does it compare to other slow films like Efke 25, APX 25, Panatomic X, and Pan F+? I see some online for sale at auction, and yes it is expensive, but wondered if it would be worth checking into. What kind of look do you get with this film. Xtol straight is what it would be developed in. Is it a high silver content film similar to Efke?

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin