Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,228   Posts: 1,532,717   Online: 782

Shooter
    Large Format

Lith Problem on Kentona

Last night I tried making some prints on Kentmere Kentona using heated LD20 - 30ml of A+B to 1350ml of water, no old brown, heated to about 28C - when I took a look at it in white light the whole sheet of paper had a yellowish brown tone to the whole print including the unexposed borders. I lowered the temperature of the developer added some old brown, mixed up some fresh Agefix and tried again. This time I had a fleshy pink tone including the borders and some pepper fogging (I suspect the old brown was at fault). I've used Kentona for lithing before (same box) without a hint of trouble.

Does anyone have a clue as to where I might have gone wrong?

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Hi paxette, take a look at this...
    http://www.apug.org/forums/forum55/4...tml#post497732

I had the same problem as Juan, once the temperature went up, my prints started getting this ugly yellow fogging, especially in the borders.

As I was only testing a small pack of Kentona I really didn't pursue the fix for the problem since I have other papers I like to lith print on.
    Last edited by Travis Nunn; 04-22-2008 at 02:57 PM. Click to view previous post history. Reason: My grammar sucks

Shooter
    Large Format
    That's one of the things I love about the process, change a variable and get a completely different outcome. Though the aged faded newsprint look I can do without.

Thanks for the link. I'll get some benzotriazole in the near future and see if I can't tame the fogging, it would be nice to be able to shorten the time in the developer just a teensy bit.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin