Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,536   Posts: 1,544,158   Online: 895

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryuji View Post

The reality is that if you try to change one thing and you lose something else. In almost all cases,
    In almost all aspect of life
    Franol

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    So it is my understanding that with benzotriazole as a restrainer, its concentration in the pan will decrease with each processed print? Is this correct?

I use it in lith instead of KBr, on the assumption that if I dump and replace half the contents of the tray, then I will have dumped half the amount of bzt I had in there. If the developer was to my liking, I know how much bzt to replace. Br- levels are always increasing, so I have no way of knowing how much to replace.

If bzt levels decrease with use, I guess I have been chasing my tail and gotten lucky from time to time. Is my thinking correct here?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Yes Rich, your thinking is correct. BTAZ concentration decreases along with developing agents, alkali and sulfite. Halides can increase or stay the same depending on developer and paper.

PE

Shooter
    35mm

Where can I buy Benzotriazole?

I have a few boxes of Agfa FB that are fogged. Potassium bromide
    doesn't help and I can't find Benzotriazole...
    Any help appreciated.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Try the Photographers Formulary. It is listed in a banner ad here.

PE

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Another source is www.techcheminc.com which sells most common photographic chemicals such as metol, phenidone, KBr, etc.
    A rock pile ceases to be a rock pile the moment a single man contemplates it, bearing within him the image of a cathedral.

~Antoine de Saint-Exupery

Shooter
    35mm
    Ok thanks!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin