Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,206   Posts: 1,531,881   Online: 1041

Shooter
    Medium Format

Dev.times for Pan F+ at EI 125?

During the recent RFF Euromeet in Berlin, I accidently exposed a roll of Pan F+ at EI 125 instead of EI 50. Now that I'm home, I'd like to try to develop it but I can't find any data.

I know that Pan F+ is a contrasty film to begin with and I assume it'll get worse with push processing but I would still like to give it a try. I got D76 and Rodinal at home, PMK and Perceptol in the photoclub darkroom (but none of them are very good for pushing, right?). My first guess, based on extrapolated data from the MDC, is approx. 15min in Rodinal 1+50. How does that sound?
    The camera is merely the means of capturing the image.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    With X-tol 1:2 I have established a film speed of EI25 for PanF+, I'm sorry I don't have my deveopment time handy. So from my experience I would think of EI125 as about 2 stops underexposed.

Rather than going with Rodinal 1+50 I would be looking at Microphen or at stand development or some other highly compensating method. I'm not sure of the applicability of a two bath developer in this situation as it may not help shadow detail enough but I'm sure others will chime in soon.
    Last edited by Matthew Gorringe; 04-24-2008 at 04:48 AM. Click to view previous post history.
    Matt Gorringe

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    I would give it about 25% more than your usual time with your usual developer.

Steve.
    "People who say things won't work are a dime a dozen. People who figure out how to make things work are worth a fortune" - Dave Rat.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin