Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,301   Posts: 1,536,151   Online: 822

Thread: B&W stop bath

thank you one and all for the helpfull replies, it seems that the water bath is the favourite, but is time consuming if I follow the "Ultra" instrutions.

comment to Roy, I have just processed two 35mm rolls of Fuji Acros in Dixactol Ultra using the partial stand two bath process and the results are some of the best of mine I have printed as 12"x16" prints on Multigrade FB warmtone.
    My usual film is Ilford Delta 100 and my initial reaction is that I think the Acros may!! be better.

roy
    Shooter
    Medium Format
    [quote="baronfoxx"]

comment to Roy, I have just processed two 35mm rolls of Fuji Acros in Dixactol Ultra

I have not got the paperwork in front of me now but I presume the Ultra is the follow up to the original Dixactol, some of which I still have. If you confirm this and it is a staining developer, I shall do a roll each in that and the two bath dev he suggests would be better for the emulsion. Someone on another list, which I found tedious and a bit petty, so I unsubscribed, said they got super results in PMK without re-soaking so why BT should suggest a staining dev could be harmful to the emulsion, I do not know. Anyway, I shall let you know how I get on but I shall not be able to make any prints for a while as I have had a hip replaced and my darkroom is in my loft!!

HI Roy

yes, Dixactol Ultra is thefollow-up to Dixactol, you can get full data sheets on theBarry Thornton website.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin