Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,764   Posts: 1,516,262   Online: 1106

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Shooter
    35mm

35mm B&W Kodak High Speed Infrared Film

Hello,
    Does anyone know where I can purchase this recently discontinued film?
    Thanks!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Hi,

Try Silverprint or 7dayshop. But you had better be sitting down when you do this as there has been reports on APUG of some retailers with any Kodak I/R stock left (7dayshop) charging up to £20 per cassette which is a rip-off. However, I think you will find that this film is now extremely hard to find anywhere. We love the film and mourn its demise and I dread the day when our stock in the freezer is finally used up. Best of luck with your quest and if you should find some please pass it on.

Cheers,

Neil.

Shooter
    35mm
    Thanks Neil, I will check that out.
    I've seen the 4 rolls being offered on eBay for $136 US!!

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by richaus View Post
    Thanks Neil, I will check that out.
    I've seen the 4 rolls being offered on eBay for $136 US!!
    That's $34 a roll and it's about the same as 7Dayshop which has now reduced its price from £17.99 to £17.49 per roll so about $35! I wonder if the seller has seen the 7dayshop price and decided that this must be the market value.

Passenger to steward when told the price of a seat on the lifeboat: "That seems a very expensive price for a seat on the lifeboat"

Steward to passenger: "Well, please yourself but it is the last lifeboat left on the ship."

Not that original I'll admit and you could probably supply a better analogy but it conveys my feelings

pentaxuser

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I have a source in eastern Canada.About $25.00 a hit.I'm putting in an order.Shipping across the pond shouldn't be a problem.

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike Kennedy View Post
    I have a source in eastern Canada.About $25.00 a hit.I'm putting in an order.Shipping across the pond shouldn't be a problem.
    Mike, I'm in Quebec, can you give me the name of your supplier? I'd really like to order some of this film as well. Thanks

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Well, now I know what I have in store for me for any future Type 55 purchases...

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Neil Souch View Post
    Hi,

Try Silverprint or 7dayshop. .......

Neil.
    Sorry we ran out at Silverprint a while back. Very annoying, the stop/go approach from Kodak made it uncertain how much was in the supply chain, so we were unable to stockpile much. We got into a routine of ordering batches of 200 rolls, & it suddenly stopped coming, well before the announced close-off date.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Martin Reed View Post
    Sorry we ran out at Silverprint a while back. Very annoying, the stop/go approach from Kodak made it uncertain how much was in the supply chain, so we were unable to stockpile much. We got into a routine of ordering batches of 200 rolls, & it suddenly stopped coming, well before the announced close-off date.
    Martin,
    Thanks for the update. Our plan is to use up what we have then switch to another I/R film which I have recently seen examples from and they looked good. So I will be back to you to obtain the necessary much denser red filters in due course!

All the best,
    Neil.

Shooter
    35mm
    There are three other 35/120mm infrared films available that I know of:
    Ilford's SFX (it extends to 740nm, unlike Kodak's HIE which went to 900nm which will give better 'effects'), Efke PL 820 and Rollei 400.
    Bigcameraworkshops.co carries these items in Canada in case anyone is interested.
    I'm testing out the SFX now on my Hasselblad.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin