Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,536   Posts: 1,544,204   Online: 860

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Shooter
    Med. Format Pan
    Images
    " I currently only use Ilford ID11 but have been thinking of trying Pyro/PMK as a lot of people sing its praises."

Might I suggest trying Ilford Perceptol? I was an ID11 user for years until one day my shop was out of it, so I bought a box of Perceptol. Night and Day. Perceptol is razor sharp with no grain. Amazing highight and shadow detail. I use Delta 400 Pro 120 exclusively in my Veriwide 100. I am printing 6x10 negs to 24 in wide with sharpness in line with my 5x7 contact prints. I had thought about PMK until I found this.

Just another option,

Patrick

PS. I do not work for Ilford, but Ilford works for me.
    "Hey, I don't tell you how to tell me what to do, so don't tell me how to do what you tell me to do!"-Bender Bending Rodriguez

Ole
    Shooter
    Large Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    I've never really liked the tones I get from D76/Id11, so I used Ilfosol S extensively. Due to the poor shelf life of the concentrate I now use Pyrocat-HD... Amazing stuff, especially for developing by inspection. I don't even need desenitizer!
    -- Ole Tjugen, Luddite Elitist
    Norway

Shooter
    35mm
    My biggest doubt re Pyro - how well does it goes with 35mm film with classic (non-zone) exposure - grain, contrast, etc.

I'm looking for a way to tame TMX higligts blockage without giving up on grain.

Note; I mix my soups.

Jorge O

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Jorge Oliveira
    My biggest doubt re Pyro - how well does it goes with 35mm film with classic (non-zone) exposure - grain, contrast, etc.

I'm looking for a way to tame TMX higligts blockage without giving up on grain.

Note; I mix my soups.

Jorge O
    I would not use PMK with 35mm film - It sounds like split D23 would work well for you. 4 min for bath A and 4 minutes for bath B - any film - mix and match - lots of exposure compensation and fine grain. Don't count on N+1 contrast though. N or slightly N- will be what you get. - Get the recipe off Barry Thornton's website - I use his version. It is cheap, easy to mix and lasts a long time.
    Frank
    My photos are always without all that distracting color ...

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Oh yes -- Aggie - I have had great success with PMK in a JOBO tank. I found that I got greater accutance when agitating by hand though. The constant rolling did not allow the edge effects to the same degree as hand agitating and letting it stand. Other than that, using rollers with regular PMK worked fine. (All 4x5)
    My photos are always without all that distracting color ...

Shooter
    35mm
    Thank, Aggie

Jorge O

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin