Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,747   Posts: 1,515,673   Online: 793

Shooter
    35mm RF

Agfa 111 fb dw ?

I just received two unopened 100ct boxes of Agfa 111 fb and a 25 ct package that is mostly full. I have see where people have posted about issues with fogging in this paper and that the inner packaging of some lots of paper might cause/contribute to the problem.

Is there any way to read the coding on the packaging to see if these contain problem bags and also how far past their shelf life they are?

I don't want to open the 'new' boxes if the paper from 25 sheet package is not fogged, they were from a professional photographer and I believed they were stored with reasonable care together, though I don't know if they were in cold storage.

I've never used this paper before so any tips on printing with it are welcome, as I will procede as if the paper is ok until proved otherwise.

I am using Ansco 130 and and I also received an unopened one liter bottle of Neutol Plus.

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    111 actually means glossy with Agfa. It should say if it is Brovira or Portriga or Classic or Ensignia. I would think it would have a date but maybe not. If the lable is royal blue with white stripes then I think it is from the early 80s. After that I believe it went to a white label with blue stripes but I may be wrong as I quit using the paper then.

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Thanks for the feedback dpurdy, the packages are red and the paper is the multicontrast classic MMC111FB sporting a white lable with blue strips.

Island Heights, NJ, but will retire back to Maine.
    Shooter
    Med. Format RF
    Quote Originally Posted by eli griggs View Post
    Thanks for the feedback dpurdy, the packages are red and the paper is the multicontrast classic MMC111FB sporting a white lable with blue strips.
    This is my favorite paper, thankfully being rescued from oblivion by Adox, where it will be re-issued as Adox MCC 111.

I haven't had a problem with it fogging after long storage. I've had several boxes stored for several years in my darkroom (ambient temp +/- 70F) and it's still fresh.

Larry

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    My latest boxes have a white label with blue stripes. Try a quick fog test. Cut a sheet in half. With no exposure run one half through the developer and fixer and the other through fixer only. Compare the two. If fogged the developed sheet will appear gray. I like it in Agfa Neutol WA which is available at Freestyle.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin