Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,228   Posts: 1,532,713   Online: 803

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I bought everything from the Megaperls webshop managed by Dirk, who's also lurking here on Apug as "Dirk-san" (http://www.apug.org/forums/members/dirk-san/).

It's on: (don't mind the unicircuits name, it's the right link):

http://www.unicircuits.com/

Choose the "Webshop" link that you see on the left, or go directly to:

http://www.unicircuits.com/shop/

The second hand holder Dirk send me, was in excellent condition, looked like new. By the way, you might also like to explore this thread that I started here, since I didn't have a manual of this holder, and hadn't used pack film before, I was at first at loss how to use it. The YouTube films in this thread (especially the last one) helped me out. It may be of use to you to if you haven't used pack film holders before like me:

http://www.apug.org/forums/forum37/5...lm-holder.html

Marco

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Hi, thanks for the mention. There is actually a Fuji equivalent to the Pola 405 holder: the Fuji PA-145. It accepts the smaller film packs. Contact me if you want a used one, I am selling one right now (personal sale).

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

Problem with instant film

Hi all,

I revived the thread because I ran into a little problem I hope Keith can comment on, since he´s the one with the most experience here with the Fuji film.

Keith:

I have now finished the whole pack of 10 instant exposures, no jams or other issues noteworty, except the issue demonstrated below in the attached image ('Elswout_badshot').

As you can see, I had a bad pull, causing the vertical damage, however, this is not what I am interested in. Besides maybe also having underexposed the image, you can see there is a curved, moonshape shadow acros the lower part of the image, with the lower part being darker, and the upper part lighter. This happened to two consequetive exposures on the same location (I did not move the tripod).

What may have caused this?

Actually, I have two possible theories: one is, I took this shot in the direction of the sun, maybe that caused an issue, but than I would more likely simply have expected some flare, as visible in the other image?

Another issue I realized, and this is what I want your opinion about, is that I realized I had been developing the image straight in the sun. Now with the single sheet Polaroid I used before, this is no issue, because both the negative as well as positive are protected by the light proof coverage.

However, with the pack film, only the darkslide side of the developing image is protected against the light, the photo side is not.

Could the bad image be caused by intens sunlight falling through the photo and disturbing the developing process? This might also explain the curve, because possibly one part of the image shaded the other???

Does this make at all sense to you Keith? :o
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Elswout.jpg   Elswout_badshot.jpg  

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Hmm, I am mystified about that bowing / banding effect, I haven't seen it myself. But let me ask, were the two exposures where you saw it were at the end of the pack?

I have developed the pack film in broad daylight and not seen anything like this. I can think of a few suspects: pressure on the pack (before shooting), rollers need cleaning or are improperly contacting the film, or just bad luck with this pack or damage during shipment.

If you remember what order your frames were shot, perhaps you can lay them out and see whether the effect was increasing or decreasing. That may give a clue.
    "Only dead fish follow the stream"

[APUG Portfolio] [APUG Blog] [Website]

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    No Keith, they were not at the end of the pack. Actually, I got another four good ones after these two bad ones before the end of the pack.

Since I have shot a diapositive afterwards, and used the fujin as proofing, I maybe able to tell a bit more next week, when they are developed. If the diapositive has the same effect as well, it must be due to the setup of the camera and I have done something wrong there, although I stil have no clue. Maybe the lensboard was not properly attached?, but than again I should have noticed that when removing it...

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I have now held one of the instant pictures in front of a strong halogen lamp. No light coming through, so I think we can disregard my concerns about sunlight penetrating the picture and disturbing the development.

Let's see what the diapositive holds...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin