Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,490   Posts: 1,542,941   Online: 871

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Images
    If the snip you put in the developer was unchanged, the developer is no more, assuming you did the test with light on.
    Gadget Gainer

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    If you have film numbers on the sprockets, but clear film- you may have never even taken any pictures on the film at all. Sometimes the leader doesn't catch inside the camera, and even though you advanced the camera 24 or 36 exposures, the film never moves out of the can. You rewind it, thinking you shot the roll, but in fact it sat in the same place inside the camera.

Just another angle on the clear film thing. Good luck

steve

p.s. Been there, done that. Don't feel bad

Shooter
    Multi Format
    As Gainer says, it looks like your developer is kaput for some reason IF there was no reaction from the film in light; it effectively isn't "there"...

What developer did you mix? What sort of container did it come in, bag or bottle? How old was it? How long ago did you mix it?

Unless the container was heavily contaminated with fix or stop residue, I can't imagine what would totally neutralize the developer.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    As stated, it sounds like the developer may be bad.
    However, the developer test strip may not look a lot different from it's initial state, especially when it's wet. Just to be sure, make sure you've given it several minutes in the developer, rinse it a bit, then put it into some fix. If it clears at all, your developer is absolutely bad.

Shooter
    Medium Format

Epilog

Thanks again to all who helped me solve this problem . for any one that wants to know , it was bad developer.I do not know why fresh d76 carefully mixed was copletly dead in one day but I went out and got some FG 7 and every thing is working fine now. so far I like FG 7 I had never used it before, very connivent and ecinomical

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Davesw View Post
    Thanks again to all who helped me solve this problem . for any one that wants to know , it was bad developer.I do not know why fresh d76 carefully mixed was copletly dead in one day but I went out and got some FG 7 and every thing is working fine now. so far I like FG 7 I had never used it before, very connivent and ecinomical
    FG 7 is a very good general purpose developer, can be modified with sodium sulfate (or is sulfite) for finer grain and shorter developer times.

There's no need for all of this needless speculation without actually being able to see the problem.

Scan a piece of the blank film for us. . .

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin