Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 74,470   Posts: 1,644,174   Online: 1023

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: DiXactol

Shooter
    Medium Format
    I have run out of Exactol now , and am looking for an alternative as the Thornton shop is still closed for now. Pyrocat-HD sounds like the best bet, but, after a brief websearch, i cant find anywhere that sells it in the UK - can anyone help?

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Leon, Check out the Speedibrews web site.http://www.speedibrews.free-online.co.uk/photochems.htm
    They do a pyro developer, but possibly only through Silverprint. Jim Cottrill is the chap to speak to at Speedibrew.
    Regards Dave.

An English Eye

roy
    Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Leon
    . Pyrocat-HD sounds like the best bet, i cant find anywhere that sells it in the UK - can anyone help?
    Photographers Formulary in America are very prompt.
    Roy Groombridge.

Cogito, ergo sum.
    (Descartes)

Shooter
    Medium Format
    oh - thanks Roy - i couldnt work out if they sold internationally from their website - I'll definately get in touch with them then. Ta!

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Leon
    oh - thanks Roy - i couldnt work out if they sold internationally from their website - I'll definately get in touch with them then. Ta!

Also, consider Artcraft Chemicals. I am certain that Mike will make you up a kit from the forumla and a couple of persons have reported in the past fast service to the UK from Artcraft.

Sandy

Due to a web mail fault I have not been able to post replys for several weeks, so this is partly a test.
    I have used Dixactol to process 35mm film since the developer first came onto the UK market usingDelta 100, Delta400 (new version) and FP4 all with excellent resuls. ie grain free and sharp prints at 20" x 16" on glossy FB papers.
    late in 2003 I changed to Dixacto Ultra with the partial stand method and got even better results, i have now started using ACROS 100 and the results are quite startlingly sharp.

in Audio Hi-Fi there is a saying of "rubbish in rubbish out" so make sure that what the camera puts onto the negative is good enough for the developer to work its magic on.

roy
    Shooter
    Medium Format
    [quote="baronfoxx"]
    late in 2003 I changed to Dixacto Ultra..... i have now started using ACROS 100 and the results are quite startlingly sharp.

Interesting. I was waiting to see what the results of a member using this combination were like as BT warned me not to use it due to possible emulsion damage.
    Roy Groombridge.

Cogito, ergo sum.
    (Descartes)

re Roy
    I do not know why BT gave the advise re Acros, I do recall him saying to use alkaline stop and fix baths with Dixactol Ultra.
    I use a water stop bath and ARCHIVIX alkaline fixer , I also use a Jessops tank wich is kept for Dixactol Ultra only in the inerest of cleanliness and prevention of cross contamination.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I seem to remember something from Barry's web site about finding the emulsion of Fuji Neopan 100SS being easily damaged in Dixactol but if I remember correctly he also said that this should not present problems if care was taken during processing. I don't know the history of Acros, does it share similarities with Neopan 100SS

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I have dev'd 20 sheets of 5x4 acros quickload in Dixactol in combitanks and have had nothing but perfectly dust and damage free sharp grain free negs. Then again, the negs are not really touched by anything.

Tom

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin