Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,494   Posts: 1,543,005   Online: 753

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Tom Hoskinson View Post
    Sodium and Potassium carbonates are not soluble in glycol. Both are readily soluble in water.
    Tom,

Thanks for this information. I was fairly sure that the carbonates were not soluble in glycol but appreciate your exact knowledge.

I had not considered the possibility of mixing the carbonate B solution in TEA. Might be a bit overkill, but the though is interesting.

Sandy

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by sanking View Post
    Tom,

Thanks for this information. I was fairly sure that the carbonates were not soluble in glycol but appreciate your exact knowledge.

I had not considered the possibility of mixing the carbonate B solution in TEA. Might be a bit overkill, but the though is interesting.

Sandy
    Just suggesting trying TEA plus water instead of Carbonate.
    Tom Hoskinson

Everything is analog - even digital :D

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Tom Hoskinson View Post
    Just suggesting trying TEA plus water instead of Carbonate.
    Tom,

I am pretty sure that TEA + water will not work in place of carboante + water with any of the Pyrocats. Pyrocat needs a working pH of about 10.9 or higher. TEA gives only about pH 9.2 or so , much too low for active development with the Pyrocats.. This pH works fine with pyrogallol based reducers, but not with pyrocathecin/catechol reducers which need a much higher working pH.

Sandy

Images
    Tea is strong enough to use with PMK in place of the Kodalk solution. I have tested that. Diethanolamine might be strong enough to use with thr Pyrocats, but you'd have to experiment with the ratio. I don't see much need to use the organic base for the B solution. The water solution works and will last a long time.
    Gadget Gainer

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin