Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,553   Posts: 1,544,958   Online: 772

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Tom Duffy View Post
    ...The tonal scale is nowhere near as nice as Tri-X 320...
    The tonal scale of 320TXP, a continuous upsweeping curve, doesn't appear "nice" to me. I very much prefer the straight line and smooth look of TMY-2 to 320TXP's coarse grain and hot highlights. I'm capable of controlling process to expose adequately and achieve a contrast index appropriate for whatever paper I'll be printing on.

Perhaps what you should have said was "I don't like TMY-2 as much as 320TXP." That would be a perfectly valid statement and immune to disagreement.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by gr82bart View Post
    Anyway, I too miss Roger. I hope he reconsiders and returns. He had some good, informative posts. I've learned that film enthusiasts are 'passionate' folks, and that passion can lead to disagreement. Sometimes very silly ones. Which is maybe why I have the popcorn smiley!

Regards, Art.
    Somebody needs to invite him back from exile on RFF. Bygones be bygones.
    "Only dead fish follow the stream"

[APUG Portfolio] [APUG Blog] [Website]

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by keithwms View Post
    Somebody needs to invite him back from exile on RFF. Bygones be bygones.
    Keith read the thread!? <sigh> He can come back whenever he likes, he just needs to play by the same rules as the rest of us mere mortals and hes decided not to.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Oh, I read it, and I understand your point. I just wonder whether the intervening time might have been enough to let the point sink in. If not, well, the Earth will keep rotating on axis.
    "Only dead fish follow the stream"

[APUG Portfolio] [APUG Blog] [Website]

Shooter
    35mm
    What you all have said about my development is fair enough. To be perfectly honest, I have learned a lot more about exposing film properly since I took the TMY2 pictures. I have a couple more rolls of TMY2 in my fridge, I guess I will give them a reprieve, with better exposure and more conservative development...

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I don't see any blotches either, but I see a lot of dirt, like on the hood of the car in the picture you mentioned. That's dust on your negative.
    Eddy McDonald
    www.fotoartes.com
    Eschew defenestration!

Shooter
    35mm
    Yes, I keep the negatives in a large cardboard box, no cover. I understand that there is dust on them, and that the dust has nothing to do with the quality of the film.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin