Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,283   Posts: 1,535,024   Online: 1067

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Shooter
    Med. Format RF
    Images
    Hi Andrew
    I replied on your other post..I will do so here.

Maybe I am missing something .. is the Oriental G4 that B&H and Freestyle would have sold as late as 2007 be considered the New Paper.
    If so I can say that it does indeed work to my satisfaction and that of some of my clients that want the creamy creamy dreamy look that this paper can produce with heavy flash and a strong Nova lith AB dilution.
    Last year I went through, quite a few boxes of different sizes and burned out the last sheets in Jan.

Is there a new, new, newer version since last year????

Bob

Quote Originally Posted by Andrew Moxom View Post
    Bob, can you confirm that the NEW Oriental G4 is 'lithable'? For some reason, I thought all new oriental papers were non lithable? If that's not the case, it surely is a well kept secret!

Shooter
    Med. Format RF
    Images
    One other little thing

For the bulk of my lith printing , personal and client , there is some film exposure / developer guidelines that I make mandatory.

Tri X rated at 1200 push process in HC110 to produce a very contrasty negative with very defined areas to print dead black.
    I will not accept dip and dunk negatives no matter who processed the film.
    I find the black details or shadow details are very much lacking and I want very strong blacks in my final prints.
    * this is mostly for images that are to convey a strong feeling with a very strong black... the flash exposure is for highlight detail, the pull is for the black.
    Contrast is controlled by length of exposure, use of secondary flash, and earlier pull times.

If I recieve a pyro negative or a full bodied negative , I am hesitant to print lith .
    If forced , I then switch to Ilford Warm Tone , and produce a very different look which works very well with or I go to fotospeed and some tissue without using flash.
    If one is trying to convey a old looking print ... full bodied negative with either of these papers work very well.

For outrageous looks,,,, over expose and over develop you negatives until they are completely bullit proof, and I mean bullit proof.
    Use glass carrier, and pound the living crap out of the negative with exposure and use any or all papers to get very striking results.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Ektalure. Mo banding, beautiful liths.

Quote Originally Posted by Jersey Vic View Post
    Sometimes I can work with it but I've an image with some delicate shadow seperation that's just getting lost in the banding on Fomatone. I've had the same problem with Varycon, Kentona and Emak. Any ideas?

Thanks in advance

Cheers

Victor

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    "Mo" should read "No".

D'oh!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

banding vs. texture

As a result of another thread on lith, I see another example of that heavy texture that comes through when lith-printing w/ Chamois 542... It works very well in this forest scene (great work stine):

http://www.apug.org/gallery/showphot...l&ppuser=23046
    Michael Robert Taylor
    Ottawa

I wish I'D said that.... Bartlett

http://www.apug.org/gallery1/browsei...imageuser=7358

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin