Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,754   Posts: 1,515,935   Online: 977

Shooter
    Medium Format

Processing Rollei Infrared Film In Total Darkness

Hi,
    This probably seems like a stupid question...but before i wreck some quite expensive film i just thought i would ask the question.
    I don't have a darkroom and I am a bit paranoid about the sensitivity of Rollei infrared film (120) and wanted to make sure that I don't have to darken the room while loading the reels and processing the film. I have read that it needs to be processed in absolute darkness.

Is it okay to process Rollei infrared film in a sunlit bathroom in daylight-filling Nikor stainless-steel tanks (which i will load with the film in cloth changing bag)?

Thanks very much,
    Thanasis

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    You shouldn't have any problems treating it like normal panchromatic B&W film. It's not very IR sensitive (compared to kodak HIE).
    The universe is a haunted house. -Coil

Ole
    Shooter
    Large Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    The minimum quantity of darkness is one tankful. So as long as your processing tank doesn't leak, you should be fine.
    -- Ole Tjugen, Luddite Elitist
    Norway

Shooter
    Medium Format

ROLLEI IR

Quote Originally Posted by Thanasis View Post
    Hi,
    This probably seems like a stupid question...but before i wreck some quite expensive film i just thought i would ask the question.
    I don't have a darkroom and I am a bit paranoid about the sensitivity of Rollei infrared film (120) and wanted to make sure that I don't have to darken the room while loading the reels and processing the film. I have read that it needs to be processed in absolute darkness.

Is it okay to process Rollei infrared film in a sunlit bathroom in daylight-filling Nikor stainless-steel tanks (which i will load with the film in cloth changing bag)?

Thanks very much,
    Thanasis
    Hi Thanasis,
    a special cloth changing back will be good enough to load the ROLLEI IR into the stainless-steel-tank. NO problem!

Regards
    Wolf

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Thankyou one and all. I'll give it a go on the weekend. I'll be processing in ID-11.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin