Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,299   Posts: 1,535,778   Online: 715

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

!? I forgot filter factor

I shot some Foma Creative 200 through an orange filter today. Normally I would have given the exposure 2 stops extra to compensate for the filter. In this case I forgot (not the first time and probably not the last)

What are some good ways to compensate with development and printing for a 2 stop under exposure? Are there any "favorite" techniques to try and help recover such shots? How do you keep shadow detail that I am sure is in trouble form the start?

Push processing and I have not gotten along well so far to date. My experience is so far limited to Rodinal (R09) and HC110 for the most part. Are there other developers better suited to such situations? Is stand development in Rodinal 1:100 a good way to go?

(if this has come up in a previous thread could some one point me in the right direction? thanks!)

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

"When in trouble, when in doubt, run in circles scream and shout!"

After getting over that initial panic that always comes with the realization of "oh !"#¤" I did it again. I developed the film in HC110 dil. "H" and it came out just fine. As expected the shadows are a little weak but the negative is printable.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin