Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,224   Posts: 1,532,584   Online: 973

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images

tmax 100 and 400 push processing

i have several rolls of tmax 400 rated at 800
    and one roll of tmax 100 rated at 800 that i need to develop.
    i use rodinal normally diluted at 1:50 at 68`F
    looking at kodak sight if i was using there developers i would at about 2 mins for the 400 and more for the 100 rated at 800.is this normalfor all developers,can i just add about the same time using rodinol?also if you have done this and used a different dillution let me know.i really cant trust a new way of developing these negs like stand or semi stand as they are somewhat important,maybe i should use tmax developer,any thoughts greatly appreciated.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    First, run a test before you develop the film.

However much I rely on Rodinal for just about everything,
    the safest and best way to go with this film
    (were it me) would be XTOL at Kodak's prescribed time.

http://www.kodak.com/global/en/profe...elopmenttables

Test it though, and adjust the time for the look you want. Judge by how the test roll PRINTS.

Good luck.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Dear rkmiec,

One stop isn't all that much. You should be fine adding 5-10% to your normal time (I assume you've established a good time in Rodinal).

Neal Wydra

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by rkmiec View Post
    i have several rolls of tmax 400 rated at 800
    and one roll of tmax 100 rated at 800 that i need to develop.
    i use rodinal normally diluted at 1:50 at 68`F
    looking at kodak sight if i was using there developers i would at about 2 mins for the 400 and more for the 100 rated at 800.is this normalfor all developers,can i just add about the same time using rodinol?also if you have done this and used a different dillution let me know.i really cant trust a new way of developing these negs like stand or semi stand as they are somewhat important,maybe i should use tmax developer,any thoughts greatly appreciated.
    The TMax 400 rated at 800 ought to develop well in either TMax or Rodinal. DDX or Clayton F76 also pushes TMax well. The Tmax 100 shot at 800 is is a 3 stop push. The general rule of thumb is to add 50% per stop, so you will need to add 150% to the development time. The massisive development chart list Tmax 100 rated at 200 in Acufine for 4.5 mints, so I would add 100% for 9mints.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Dear rkmiec,

I forgot about the TMX at 800. I would purchase a package of Xtol and follow the times and temperatures in the Xtol data sheet. It will be interesting to see what your results are with such a great push. At least you know the data is from a reliable source.

Neal Wydra

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Neal View Post
    Dear rkmiec,

I forgot about the TMX at 800. I would purchase a package of Xtol and follow the times and temperatures in the Xtol data sheet. It will be interesting to see what your results are with such a great push. At least you know the data is from a reliable source.

Neal Wydra
    Xtol is only available in 5 liters, a lot of developer for just one roll, Acifine is available in quart sizes.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Paul Howell View Post
    Xtol is only available in 5 liters, a lot of developer for just one roll, Acifine is available in quart sizes.
    You may trouble finding Acufine in quart sizes, B&H has it but does not ship, Freestyle only carries the gallon sizes, but Freestyle has a Forma Xtol clone for $3.49 in the 1 liter size.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Hi Paul,

If you can't use 5L of Xtol in a year, you're just not making enough photographs. ;>)

Neal Wydra

Shooter
    Multi Format
    [QUOTE=Neal;629467]Hi Paul,

If you can't use 5L of Xtol in a year, you're just not making enough photographs. ;>)

I agree, but my standard 35mm developer is Edwal 12, followed by Acufine (for MF and LF as well) followed by Clayton F76 and Edwal FG7. The few times I used Xtol it was still avialbale in quart sizes. It is not even the gallon size, its the 5 liters, wont fit in a gallon jug.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    gonna get the xtol,it is only 9 dollars and is powder so it will last for awhile i am sure,i guess i should do all my tmax that i have shot in it.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin