Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,682   Posts: 1,482,230   Online: 1086

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Shooter
    Plastic Cameras
    http://www.firstcall-photographic.co...-5-litres/503/

Ok so they say 2.5 litres but you said approximately and you can bet the 2.5 litres for these bottles is not to the brim so I rekon they will give you what you are looking for. i.e. 2.6 to 2.75 litres.

Shooter
    35mm

Plastic Storage Bottle

My favorite type of storage bottle for film chemicals is a glass swing top type. When you fill them up, Grolsch beer bottles with the swing top stopper keep things fresh for a long time. Over time I think you will have fewer problems with glass than with plastic. Brewing supply companies sell swing top bottles in various sizes. You can also replace the rubber gaskets when they get old. You can pour everything into a large beaker to prepare it for being poured into the tank. When you pour it out out of the tank it can go back into the beaker so you can add the correct amount of replenisher. Some other possibilities include large wine and champagne bottles in various sizes. You would need to find rubber stoppers for these. Supermarkets sell soda in 3 liter plastic bottles with screw caps so that might work.

If you are using D23 you are probably making it up yourself. Rather than keeping such a large volume of replenished developer on hand you might consider getting HC-110 or just making up a batch of PC-TEA. PC-TEA lasts a very long time, is diluted 1:50 for use and is very economical.

Shooter
    Plastic Cameras
    And probably even easier for you to get hold of are:

http://www.jobousadarkroom.com/produ...od.htm#Bottles

I have some Hama 2 litre bottles which are almost identical and if I fill them to the 2 litre mark, I can get anohther 250ml in the bottle to the rim so I guess the jobo 2.5 litre bottles will do the same for you.

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by analogfotog View Post
    I would if I could find one. Bottles (at least up here in the Great White North) can be found in one-, two and four-litre sizes.

The only bottles close to that size (three U.S. quarts) are ones which come with laundry detergent, or chlorine bleach in them.
    Check your dollar stores; the one here usually has generic grape soda in 3L bottles. They also have some drinks in 1.24L bottles which nicely make up the difference between a gallon and 5L.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin