Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,666   Posts: 1,481,711   Online: 755

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Well, I'm glad that I can put the scale to use in the kitchen (I needed one there anyway) as it will only do from 2 grams up in increments of 2 grams. I think I'll just head to Wal-Mart before my chemicals arrive and get an analog scale. After looking into making my own brews it looks to be much cheaper on everything from the developer, hypo remover, stop bath, and fix.
    Let's see what I've got in the magic trash can for Mateo!

blog
    website

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I got an Ohaus triple balance scale from Ebay for about $30, later got the extra weights for it. If you go looking for one of these make sure the weights are all there. Nice thing about em, no batteries!

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Jeremy,

OK, for silver gelatin projection printing with VC papers, and assuming you are doing rotary processing (since you note that you are working with "unicolor rollers"), I recommend about 9.5 minutes at 70 degrees F for Ilford FP4+ (and/or PhotoWarehouse ASA 125 film) in Pyrocat-HD, 1:1:100 dilution.

This should get you very close to optimum negatives for your printing conditions. Of course, test before developing your "Moonrise over Hernandez" negatives.

Good luck.

Sandy King

Quote Originally Posted by sanking
    Jeremy,

OK, for silver gelatin projection printing with VC papers, and assuming you are doing rotary processing (since you note that you are working with "unicolor rollers"), I recommend about 9.5 minutes at 70 degrees F for Ilford FP4+ (and/or PhotoWarehouse ASA 125 film) in Pyrocat-HD, 1:1:100 dilution.

This should get you very close to optimum negatives for your printing conditions. Of course, test before developing your "Moonrise over Hernandez" negatives.

Good luck.

Sandy King
    sandy

any guidelines for starting times/speeds in trays for fp4, bpf200 or efkepl100? any advantage/disadvantage in giving continuous agitation as per typical tray development as opposed to your suggested 10" per minute?

thanks
    lloyd

Quote Originally Posted by sanking
    Jeremy,

Good luck.

Sandy King
    sandy

any guidelines for starting times/speeds in trays for fp4, bpf200 or efkepl100? any advantage/disadvantage in giving continuous agitation as per typical tray development as opposed to your suggested 10" per minute?

thanks
    lloyd

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    lloyd,

I can give you some recommended times for tray development of FP4+ and BPF200, but have not tested Efke 100.

Are you also doing silver gelatin printing with VC papers?

Sandy

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeremy Moore
    is there any reason to use a digital versus an analog scale? I picked up a digital scale with both oz or grams and a resettable zero at a local kitchen appliance store that is going out of business. After next Thursday (when I get paid) or when Sandy posts back to this topic--whichever is second-- I will place my order at ArtCraft Chemicals and give pyro a shot.
    Digital scales are convienient because you can tare them. You put your weighing container on the scale, and when you tare it corrects for the weight so it now reads zero. Saves a little math and and the possiblity of error. You can get them now for the price of a decent anolog scale.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    I market process controllers so when I am ready to make batches I use a computer operatorated vibratory feeder and a scale that is good to the miligram for a kilo. Of course without cal weights, the precision would not be too good - anyway I could not afford this equipment - just happy it is on hand when I need it!

Not having tried Pyrocat and being pretty experienced now with PMK, what does pyrocat do differently than PMK that I would want to try it? - Frank
    My photos are always without all that distracting color ...

Shooter
    Large Format
    Quote Originally Posted by fhovie
    Not having tried Pyrocat and being pretty experienced now with PMK, what does pyrocat do differently than PMK that I would want to try it? - Frank
    Less overall satin and better propotional stain.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    it's also supposed to work better then traditional pyro in rotary tubes
    Let's see what I've got in the magic trash can for Mateo!

blog
    website

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin