Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 72,458   Posts: 1,597,368   Online: 1095

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    It says First Rate on the side of the bottles so I figure FR means First Rate corporation
    I cannot find info on those developers. Confuses the hell out of me. They're all FR x-something
    have to find booklets

Shooter
    Medium Format
    If I had such a multitude of chemistry unloaded upon my door step
    I'd perhaps categorize according to it's usage. Of two major divisions
    one might be Ready To Use and a second might be Components. With
    in those major divisions further categorize by function. Dan

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Alan Johnson View Post
    I believe Crawley's FX developers have no connection to FR developers.I have a book 'Good Photography's Darkroom Ideas' by Simon Nathan from about 1962.It notes:
    "American chemists also have some excellent one shot developers. FR leads with X-22 for slow films,X-44 for fast films."
    "X-44 is basically a fine grain developer for high and medium speed films.For optimum results,where high resolution is a factor,with thin emulsion films,use FR X-22 One Shot Compensating Developer."
    FR appears to be the manufacturer and X-22 reads like a Beutler type IMO.
    Kodelon is (p-aminophenol oxalate)

You can substitute p-aminophenol BASE for Kodelon (I've done it successfully).

See:

http://www.apug.org/forums/forum222/...es-papers.html

Kodak HCA was Sodium Sulfite with a smidgen of Calgon (Sodium Hexametaphosphate) added as a sequestrant.

Sodium Sulfite is so cheap that I'd recommend using up the HCA (as HCA).
    Tom Hoskinson

Everything is analog - even digital :D

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Hope I'm not bugging people
    Thanks for the responses

Couple developers I'm wondering if anyone has info on
    I think the dilution of 1:3 with the concentrated "panthermic" flash developer may be of some help in narrowing things down

SOFTONE i'm just thinking may be a D23/25 metol type

The 57-D developer. I wonder what that is. High Contrast like a Kodalith maybe? Used back in the 20-40's probably with the rectigraph machines and whatnot
    I didn't buy any of the photo-writ paper that came in long rolls not knowing what it was
    Photo-writ and others is what these machines used in camera to copy with and is listed on the can as one of the paper types this formula was used with

Rudolph Kingslake commented that Haloid made a great copy paper that may be this Photo-writ that I do not own
    Last edited by sun of sand; 10-02-2008 at 07:25 AM. Click to view previous post history.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin