Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,572   Posts: 1,545,655   Online: 968

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I agree with bill about all films working fine. While I'm mostly a large format shooter, I was shooting some 35mm in europe a few years ago and when I ran out of the ilford stock i brought with me i was forced to find some local stuff. The local stuff happened to be fomapan 100 (blue box) which happened to be super cheap. I purchased a few rolls and tried it despite not knowing anything about the stock.
    The samples here are developed in rodinal because i did not have any numbers for the other developers I use. I'm sure the results can be better with more sophisticated developers. http://www.heliconmedia.net/files/photos/b&w/

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    "All those films except Foma handle fairly similarly for me in Pyrocat HD, with only very minor differences in development time. Foma films I've found by testing needs significantly less development to achieve the same contrast & tonality, approx 2/3rds."

I agree with Ian on this point.
    I've had the same experience with Foma 100, the developing times are very short for me in Pyro HD, 6.5 minutes in a Jobo which really seemed short to me and had me thinking I was doing something wrong. Negs look good though.
    I would recommend the film with no reservations.

I try to support as many companies as I can. I use tmax and foma for sheet film and use Ilford for paper. They all deserve what little support I can give them imo.
    regards
    Erik

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    I've always heard about EFKE's occasionally spotty quality control but I can't remember hearing complaints about Foma. Do users of their films experience the same issues with Foma as with EFKE?

- Justin

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin