Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,206   Posts: 1,531,838   Online: 813

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

Foma MG Classic Warmtone & lith

I've been experimenting with Foma MG Classic warmtone lith printing. All of my prints come out a virulent orange. I'm using the Moersch SE5 lith kit, and have tried various dilutions between 1+1+15 and 1+1+50, and various amounts of sulphite & KBr additives. They're all orange!

Does anybody have some suggestions for colour control, or should I just use other papers?
    Incidentally, if you gold tone the orange prints they come out an equally virulent blue.

Off topic, I have a dwindling supply of Forte Bromofort which I rather like for lith. Can anyone suggest another paper with similar lith characteristics?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    ...Can you scan? I want to see. Sounds interesting to say the least.
    No idea what's going to happen next, but I'm hoping it involves being wrist deep in chemicals come the weekend.

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    That has been my experience also. I have also noted that other than gold, any toning wants to go red.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by vet173 View Post
    That has been my experience also. I have also noted that other than gold, any toning wants to go red.
    Which toners have you tried? When I used KRST, it bleached the highlights quite strongly and turned everything a dull putty colour - not what I wanted!

Stephanie, I may be able to post a scan in a few days time ...

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    I have been getting orangy-pink colours from this paper with Fotospeed lith at higher dilutions (in the same sort of area you have mentioned). I did find that at 1:9 I got creamy highlights/midtones and greenish shadows. The Lacock abbey lith of the window in my gallery was lithed at this dilution.

I also got brownish tones by bleacing the original print, redeveloping the print in Ilford multigrade and then selenium toning it (the Ironworks lith in my gallery is an example of this process).
    Rhys

Shooter
    Large Format Pan
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Pete H View Post
    I've been experimenting with Foma MG Classic warmtone lith printing. All of my prints come out a virulent orange. I'm using the Moersch SE5 lith kit, and have tried various dilutions between 1+1+15 and 1+1+50, and various amounts of sulphite & KBr additives. They're all orange!

Does anybody have some suggestions for colour control, or should I just use other papers?
    Incidentally, if you gold tone the orange prints they come out an equally virulent blue.

Off topic, I have a dwindling supply of Forte Bromofort which I rather like for lith. Can anyone suggest another paper with similar lith characteristics?
    I'll ask my girlfriend (in here as "stine"), as she uses it all the time, and she can control the chemistry quite well....

link:http://www.apug.org/gallery/showphot...l&ppuser=23046

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin