Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,940   Posts: 1,585,688   Online: 983

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Not sure where to post this question, so I picked here - most threads and readers.

Anyway, how do people store their uncut 120/220 roll transparencies? Do you just roll them up and store them in a shoebox? Or do people have elaborate hanging mounts and the like? Are there 'special' storage devices out there for these rolls? Do they have to be in a dark cool place?

What about indexing and filing. What methods do people use to file them, index them and retrieve them?

Right now, I keep them loosely rolled up in their sleeves in a cardboard box. I use a Post-It stick on plastic tab (various colours) to write my ID markings for indexing and quick retrieval - well medium quick retrieval.

Art.
    Visit my website at www.ArtLiem.com
    or my online portfolios at APUG and ModelMayhem

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I usually keep them in their sleeves and rolled up in the hard cardboard cylinders with the caps. Although those cylinders take a little too much space as your rolls build up, and so I've had to cut them every 3rd slide and put them in 8x10 sleves that fit in 3 ring binders.
    RL Foley

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I store them in archival negative sleeves and make a note of the date, location etc on the sleeve with a black marker pen. The sleeve is kept in a negative storage folder which is also marked with dates etc. I also store my black and white negatives in the same way and can usually find whatever I'm looking for quite quickly.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    the few that I do get put in with the B&W negs... I haven't received too many complaints, except from the roll of APX-25 sitting next to the Provia.. they don't like each other one bit

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Thanks for the feedback so far. I realised I should have put this questtion in the Colour Film thread. Oh well, maybe one of the moderators will move it for me.

Art.
    Visit my website at www.ArtLiem.com
    or my online portfolios at APUG and ModelMayhem

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin