Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,769   Posts: 1,516,503   Online: 784

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

Removing paper from finished prints

I use a public darkroom and don't like to keep my prints there while I'm away as I've seen people leave their film to drip dry over the screens (!). Anyway, after a couple of hours on the screens I take the prints home between sheets of blotting paper and after they're dry press them.

Well, I guess my glossy prints weren't dry enough because part of the archival blotters are stuck to the emulsion (which is better than the other way around I suppose). I was just wondering what the best method would be to remove these bits of paper without damaging the emulsion -- resoaking the prints? Using my fingernails to gently scrape the paper off? If there are better suggestions out there I'd sure like to hear them before I try.

rachelle

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Just resoak it should come off very easily. Just leave soaking for an hour or so and it should just float off.

Ian

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Thanks Ian

That's what I thought but I didn't want to assume since it's the first time I've had this problem.

Cheers.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin