Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,900   Posts: 1,584,393   Online: 720

Thread: Delta 3200

Shooter
    Medium Format

Delta 3200

Where can one find this for 4x5? I have looked everywhere (well what i consider to be everywhere) and cant find it to save my life.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Delta 3200 is not available in sheet sizing, I'm afraid.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by FredW View Post
    Delta 3200 is not available in sheet sizing, I'm afraid.
    Well them.... lol i guess thats why i cant find it.

Any other contenders?

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    HP5 can maybe be pushed to 3200 in microphen.
    ~Heather
    oooh shiny!
    http://www.stargazy.org/

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Depends on what you want to do...

If you plan to stay below exposure times where reciprocity failure kicks in (so below about 1 sec), HP5 pushed to IE 3200 is probably your best choice.

However, as soon as you get in the reciprocity failure ballpark (seconds, minutes, hours), TMax400 will far outperform any other film, as I discovered recently by experience and after some advice of other APUG members. It even beats Fuji Neopan Acros 100 in terms of necessary exposure times to get a certain film density (at least up to 8 hours exposure times as I tested), although Acros 100 seems to have the best reciprocity characteristics in terms of the number of stops lost per time unit. However, up to 8 hours real exposure times, TMax 400 will not loose it's entire 2 stop advantage compared to Acros 100, although at 8 hours film densities of these two films are getting awfully close...

Pushing simply does not work when reciprocity failure is an issue, since no stable developable latent image is formed, contrary to when you have "normal" exposure times. A nice article about this is:

http://silvergrain.org/Photo-Tech/reciprocity.html

See also this thread I started:

http://www.apug.org/forums/forum37/4...oes-exist.html
    Last edited by Marco B; 05-22-2008 at 03:27 AM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Define what you need, and there is a film developer combination to do it.

The family of 3200 films (Ilford, Fuji, Kodak) are all 800 speed films with a massive potential for 'pushing'.
    Which was a pretty amazing achievement in the '80s. My world was transformed in one day from alchemy and Tri-X to "ho-hum, this is easy".

Kodak's XTOL & TMY are a brilliant combination. The XTOL data, for effective speeds and development times, is VERY reliable and a great place to begin.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Dear FootNote,

Your best bet (if you really need 3200) is to go with 120 film.

Neal Wydra

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin