Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,541   Posts: 1,544,385   Online: 1011

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Shooter
    35mm

courses or schools worldwide

Can anyone recommend a course or school anywhere in Europe or beyond (not USA) that runs highly regarded courses in black and white analogue photography and printing? I am looking for a 4 week or longer course of an non commercial nature and I am particularly interested in lith printing, full darkroom facilities, reportage photography, early printing techniques and fine art photography. Thank you for any help in pointing me in the right direction.
    Last edited by carmenloofah; 05-22-2008 at 05:08 AM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Hi Carmen,

I've never taken a course with them (although I've always wanted to), but in Paris there's Spéos (http://www.speos.fr) which runs courses in English throughout the year. In the summer they run week-long courses (up to 10 different ones). Hope that helps.

Shooter
    35mm
    thank you mooseontheloose, I have contacted them for brochures....

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Gandolfi, here on APUG runs courses in Denmark - a course that i would love to attend! Not sure where the details of his course re but web-site is http://www.emilschildt.com/

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images

Shooter
    35mm
    thank you schlapp, i see you are on lewis...hoping to go to erraid and holy isle this summer.....

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Not sure how useful this info is but in London (Holborn), Central St Martins college:

Short courses

I have attended quite a few and they are well led and very useful. They cater for all age ranges and abilities.
    Andy
    Per Mare, Per Terram
    Filmus Monochromus | Project Double-X | Daily Blog

Shooter
    35mm
    thank you metroman, i am at LCC and want to get out of london...!

Shooter
    Large Format Pan
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by carmenloofah View Post
    Can anyone recommend a course or school anywhere in Europe or beyond (not USA) that runs highly regarded courses in black and white analogue photography and printing? I am looking for a 4 week or longer course of an non commercial nature and I am particularly interested in lith printing, full darkroom facilities, reportage photography, early printing techniques and fine art photography. Thank you for any help in pointing me in the right direction.
    hi.
    I must admit that I am embarrased about that home page....

but yes: I give courses in analouge photography, from one week to 16 weeks and 21 weeks (or put together 37weeks....)

studio - darkroom - strange kinds of cameras - techniques (straight B/W printing - toning - liquid emulsion - bromoil - photopolymer gravure - oilprint - cyanotypes - Van Dyke - and yes; my girlfriend is becoming really good in Lith printing)

good thing for you: we teach mostly in english, as I tend to have a lot of Hungarians and other foreigners in the school.

write me if you have an interest or just being curious.
    emilschildt@hotmail.com

www.emilschildt.com

one short meeting/course of interest (?):
    http://www.emilschildt.com/____fotok...%20engelsk.htm

Shooter
    35mm
    thank you gondolfi

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin