Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,948   Posts: 1,585,926   Online: 1033

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Nah, doesn't need to be processed by a color lab... I've done the Kodak B&W in Rodinal before with okay results, but I think that I'd better invest in some D76 if I want to do it again. Too much grain in Rodinal.
    No idea what's going to happen next, but I'm hoping it involves being wrist deep in chemicals come the weekend.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    How about a Kodak version? http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/produc...le_Camera.html

It is C41 black and white though.

EDIT: I see this has already been suggested.

Steve.
    "People who say things won't work are a dime a dozen. People who figure out how to make things work are worth a fortune" - Dave Rat.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by bdial View Post
    Inside the disposable is a roll of 35, the camera winds it into the cartridge as you shoot it. Though I've never tried, it should be possible to remove the color and put a roll of similar ISO B&W in.
    After all, these cameras don't get tossed when you get the film processed, they are sent to some factory somewhere that reloads them with new film.
    Yes, I've done this. You need to take an exacto knife to the dimples on the inside of the cartridge core and rough in a crown on the end so it will wind.

If you pull apart a disposable, you can see the mods you need to make to the cartridge to make it fit and wind the film in.

I did this with a reloadable cartridge and my daughter used it many times over during one summer.

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by Stephanie Brim View Post
    Hrm. If I get those I'll have to burn one to see how the film reacts in the developer I choose. I've never used the Rollei Retro films before.
    It's rebranded Agfa film from the last of the master rolls, so any of the APX 400 times should be good.

I haven't used any myself (lots of Tri-x still), but I understand some people quite like it.
    i can't wait to take a picture of my thumb with this beautiful camera.

- phirehouse, after buying a camera in the classifieds

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    The Rollei is indeed Agfa APX 400, its quite a nice film:
    Agfa 400 mini test
    Mark

Shooter
    35mm
    It is possible to reload disposable cameras, I have done it. When you put the film in tape it up with black electrical tape to make sure it is light tight then you find the slot on the bottom and use a screwdriver to wind the film out of the cassette into the camera body. There are different designs of disposable and some are easier to reload than others.
    If you ask at a processing lab they may let you have a few used ones to experiment with.

One last thing, if you are taking a disposable apart make sure you discharge the flash, you can get quite a jolt from one of these cameras.
    Last edited by yellowcat; 05-24-2008 at 10:43 AM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Stephanie Brim View Post
    They want you to use disposables. I'm afraid that if I come with even one of my cheap P&S cameras they're not going to let me in...so I'm trying to find alternative routes that will give me slightly better quality than a consumer POS disposable without breaking the rules.
    An Olympus MJU is so small that it will fit in a shirt pocket. No one is going to rifle through your pockets looking for it. The camera has a very good 35 mm f/2.8 lens and makes excellent photos. Do you think the morons standing guard at the concert will know that? More than likely not. If they do, will they care? Again, not likely. What they don't want to see is competition. They don't want you going in there with a camera enabling you to compete with their hired photographers. Then you sell photos from which they cannot extract a profit. It all boils down to money. They don't give a rat's ass about you or your camera or anything else.
    Last edited by fschifano; 05-24-2008 at 10:51 AM. Click to view previous post history.
    Frank Schifano

Shooter
    Multi Format
    If for whatever reason you don't get disposable camera:

Buy cheap P/S at E..y or elsewhere and if you get into with it, great, if they don't let you go in, just throw it in a bin and go to the concert .

Security will be too much busy checking all those people with digicams

By the way, I had Olympjus MjuII and it is GREAT little camera. I mean P/S with f2 lens (35mm) AND spot metering ...

I think in USA it was named Stylus Epic or like that...

P.S. If they are so worried about photography they should ban mobile phones with cameras
    Bosnia... You don't have to be crazy to live here, but it helps...
    No things in life should be left unfinis

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Vivitar Ultra Wide and Slim? Its entirely plastic, bit easy to reload.

But bare in mind lens sizes, you probably want one with a 50mm lens on it, which should be obtainable but might need looking for?

By the way, is this open air during the day? Anything else and don't expect to get much off the negs...

Shooter
    Medium Format
    I think the C41 kodak option would be a good choice given these disposable cameras don't exactly have a full range of apertures and shutter speeds! How big a concert is it? A 35mm lens (a guess) is not going to be anywhere near long enough even if you are right at the front from experience

Your best bet is to get a small p&s digital with zoom in by hiding it in your bra and a baggy top

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin