Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,208   Posts: 1,531,922   Online: 1106

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images

That Ilford disposable camera...

So, I'm in a pickle. My boyfriend and I are gearing up for a possible trip to Lazerfest 2.0, the best rock concert of the summer in Iowa. Hinder, Filter, STP, Staind, and possibly others will be there. I'm very excited because this will pretty much be the first concert I've ever gone to. (I've lived a sheltered life.)

The problem is that they won't allow any real cameras in. They say to bring disposables, but I don't want to shoot color. I want to shoot my normal B&W. So...

How are the Ilford disposable cameras? Do they still make them?
    No idea what's going to happen next, but I'm hoping it involves being wrist deep in chemicals come the weekend.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    They are still available here in the UK. Can't speak for the US, though I would expect they are on someone's stocklist over there. Try googling them. 'Ilford HP5+ disposable cameras'.

-----------My Flickr-----------
    Anáil nathrach, ortha bháis is beatha, do chéal déanaimh.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    I did. I can't find a store that stocks.
    No idea what's going to happen next, but I'm hoping it involves being wrist deep in chemicals come the weekend.

Images
    Freestyle has a Rollei single use B&W camera: http://www.freestylephoto.biz/sc_pro...pid=1000001766

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Hrm. If I get those I'll have to burn one to see how the film reacts in the developer I choose. I've never used the Rollei Retro films before.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Why not just go on Eboy and pick up an Olympus mju or similar?

-----------My Flickr-----------
    Anáil nathrach, ortha bháis is beatha, do chéal déanaimh.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    They want you to use disposables. I'm afraid that if I come with even one of my cheap P&S cameras they're not going to let me in...so I'm trying to find alternative routes that will give me slightly better quality than a consumer POS disposable without breaking the rules.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Take an XA, and tell them it is disposable.
    "Only dead fish follow the stream"

[APUG Portfolio] [APUG Blog] [Website]

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Inside the disposable is a roll of 35, the camera winds it into the cartridge as you shoot it. Though I've never tried, it should be possible to remove the color and put a roll of similar ISO B&W in.
    After all, these cameras don't get tossed when you get the film processed, they are sent to some factory somewhere that reloads them with new film.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    The chromogenic B&W film in the Kodak B&W disposable can return pretty good results. Yes, you'll have to get it processed by a color lab, but you'll still be able to print them in your own dark room.

As well, it is possible to get decent B&W prints from color film (takes some tweaking sometimes, but you can do it), especially if you're printing them yourself and have the time to experiment. I've also made some good lith prints from color negs.
    Benno Jones
    Seattle, WA

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin