Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,295   Posts: 1,535,621   Online: 1078
      
Results 1 to 9 of 9

Thread: Oooof. $188

  1. #1

    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    State College, PA
    Shooter
    Medium Format
    Posts
    46

    Oooof. $188

    $188 trip to the Camera Shop, but I am stocked up on chemicals now! And 11x14 paper, for the time being anyway. Now I have a lot to order online......Mastercard is loving me right now.

  2. #2
    Christopher Walrath's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Milton, DE, USA
    Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Posts
    6,980
    Blog Entries
    29
    Images
    19
    You go. Find me an L-bracket for my shutter release cable. No seriously. And send it to me. Hey, stop laugh . . .I'm SERIOUS!
    Thank you.
    CWalrath
    APUG BLIND PRINT EXCHANGE
    DE Darkroom

    "Wubba, wubba, wubba. Bing, bang, bong. Yuck, yuck, yuck and a fiddle-dee-dee." - The Yeti

  3. #3
    Akki14's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    London, UK
    Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Posts
    1,873
    Images
    210
    Quote Originally Posted by Christopher Walrath View Post
    You go. Find me an L-bracket for my shutter release cable. No seriously. And send it to me. Hey, stop laugh . . .I'm SERIOUS!
    I have one(I think it's what you mean anyway). They seem pretty common here in the UK but they're kind of pricey for tiny little things (£9 if i remember correctly).
    ~Heather
    oooh shiny!
    http://www.stargazy.org/

  4. #4
    Christopher Walrath's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Milton, DE, USA
    Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Posts
    6,980
    Blog Entries
    29
    Images
    19
    I've got one to. Just kidding and boosting my post numbers.
    Thank you.
    CWalrath
    APUG BLIND PRINT EXCHANGE
    DE Darkroom

    "Wubba, wubba, wubba. Bing, bang, bong. Yuck, yuck, yuck and a fiddle-dee-dee." - The Yeti

  5. #5
    cmo
    cmo is offline
    cmo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Shooter
    35mm RF
    Posts
    1,457
    Images
    57
    Quote Originally Posted by honeydo View Post
    $188 trip to the Camera Shop, but I am stocked up on chemicals now! And 11x14 paper, for the time being anyway. Now I have a lot to order online......Mastercard is loving me right now.
    You could be worse off. $188 is less than you have to pay for a digital Canon 5D battery grip

  6. #6

    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    State College, PA
    Shooter
    Medium Format
    Posts
    46
    Quote Originally Posted by cmo View Post
    You could be worse off. $188 is less than you have to pay for a digital Canon 5D battery grip
    LOL! True......BUT, I'm SOOOOO after another med. format! Having a hard time restraining myself. And I better place that order tonight for paper and also the supplies I need for Peter's Valley.............

  7. #7
    blaze-on's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Riverside, CA
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Posts
    1,432
    Images
    61
    Damn, you got off easy..I recently spent $1800 on paper for the year, $600 in mat/mount board stock, and another $400 in chems.
    Now if I could sell one print for $2800 (more like 7 for $400) I'd be good to go..

    Visa good. Visa Good. Visa Good...

    The nice thing about stocking up and biting the bullet, is you have no worries for a long while.
    (except paying off the CC)
    Matt's Photo Site
    "I invent nothing, I rediscover". Auguste Rodin

  8. #8
    cmo
    cmo is offline
    cmo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Shooter
    35mm RF
    Posts
    1,457
    Images
    57
    Quote Originally Posted by blaze-on View Post
    Damn, you got off easy..I recently spent $1800 on paper for the year, $600 in mat/mount board stock, and another $400 in chems.
    How much is that in Epson paper, durable ink and backup hard disks?


    NOT MUCH

  9. #9

    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Tacoma, WA
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Posts
    560
    Quote Originally Posted by cmo View Post
    How much is that in Epson paper, durable ink and backup hard disks?


    NOT MUCH
    Not much is said about this but Epson ink has a limited shelf life as well. I am convinced no matter how much you print the little ink fuel gauge will keep going down at a set minimum rate. This is probably because they shoot ink into the heads to keep them from drying up. Couldn't they find a cheaper solution for this? What a racket.



 

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:



Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin