Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,851   Posts: 1,582,868   Online: 919

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    RAP

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Thank you all for your input.

I have decided to shoot TRI-X and develope it in HC110 1/62 from concentrate and agitate 15 secs/ 2 minutes.

Thanks again!
    Time & tides wait for no one, especially photographers.

I've been everywhere ooooohhh yeaahhhh still I'm standing tall.
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    XP2 /T400cn are vg (prefer tonality of XP2 ). Portra 400bw should be good too (but I'm seriously tempted to boycott Kodak after they scrapped Verichrome and Ektalure).
    I'll be largely sticking to Forte100 & Agfapan 400 (120) & Forte 200 (sheet) devved in PMK (the finest developer available to humanity). Nothing beats a tanning/staining developer for all round use (faster, old tech films work best) but others have their uses for particular applications (eg with Delta 3200). Anyway the main thing is not to keep chopping & changing. Doesn't hurt to try other combos from time to time though.

Black Dog

lee
    Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    I say pay attention to the quality of light. I am fond of the John Sexton style of light. That open shade works for me I think best. Place the skin on zone VI or low zone VII and develop normally.

lee\c

In 120 apx 100 rated at EI: 50 developed in rodinal 1:50 for 10 mins at 22 degrees. No pre rinse, 30 secs initial agitation then 4 gentle agitations per minute. This is really nice for portraits from my hasselblad.

The new tri-x also works well with this treatment but with an 8 minute process time.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    I like portraits with the grain of Tri-X and Rodinal 1+50 when shooting in available light. In studio with flash I use Ilford Delta 100 in Rodinal 1+50.

Morten

Shooter
    35mm
    If you are photographing men and if the film is available Tri-x Ortho can be wonderful Trix-Professional with green filtration can be extremely effective for men. For women Technical Pan without filtration or for special effect with red filtration can be wonderful if available. Tech Pan not only is extremely sharp but also the extended red sensitivity does wonders to make pimples, nicks freckles etc dissappear.

However, the most important thing you can do is to work with something that you well understand.

I believe that generally the most important part of portraiture is the subject's expession....10 times more important than the difference between 2 equally good films I will conjecture.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin