Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,568   Posts: 1,573,488   Online: 840

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Polaroid Negs

I've been everywhere ooooohhh yeaahhhh still I'm standing tall.
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Is there any way you can manipulate the contrast of Polaroid Type 55? Also what about Type 51HC for alt processes (as these tend to need chunky negs?)

BD

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    I probably will be sorry for opening my big mouth, but I should think altering the development time would affect Polaroid Type 55 about the same as development of traditional film. I remember that the negative requires a little more exposure than the print. I have a pack in the frige so I'm anxious to hear your results.

Ole
    Shooter
    Large Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    The Type 55 developer is a monobath-type gunk, so changing the time won't do much difference to the negative. But you CAN strip it (undeveloped) and develop the neg in your favorite developer...
    -- Ole Tjugen, Luddite Elitist
    Norway

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    option 1) Selenium tone the neg. This will add about .2-.3 density in the highlights

or

option 2) bleach and redevelop in a staining developer such as pyrocat or rollo pyro. This will increase the grain somewhat, but if you're contact printing, that really doesn't matter. This would be the best way to get some additional 'effective density'

Clay

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Thats the sulfite bath to clear the film. It works similar to fixer to clean up the image of unused silver and other gunk.
    Gary Beasley

Shooter
    Large Format
    When I use type 55, place in jug with water & paper towel between each negative - they easily scratch. Then when get home place in hanger & in tank of sodium sulfite for a few minutes, rinse & photoflo. Sodium sulfite isn't something I'd want to carry with me while shooting.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

Ole
    Shooter
    Large Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    The instructions say 18%, which is 200g sodium sulphite to 1 liter water.
    -- Ole Tjugen, Luddite Elitist
    Norway

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Aggie
    At one of the workshops I was at, a guy had the type 55 with him. After he pulled off the paper he put it in a 4x5 developing take with sodium????to soak for a while. What chemical is that? I want to try out the film, since i have a few packs in the freezer, but forgot to ask here til now.
    Sodium Sulfite is one of the most useful chemicals around. It is used as a clearing bath for polariod negative film, as an oxygen scavenger in developers, a main ingredient in hypo clear formula and mainy more.

In small quantities it can be expensive, but in bulk quite cheap. The Looking Glass has it in stock.

- Mike

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin