Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,219   Posts: 1,532,223   Online: 832

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    I have used emptied hydrogen peroxide bottles for years to store XTOL, fixer, selenium toner, etc., witout noticing a problem yet.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Thank you everyone!

Matt

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Doug Webb View Post
    I have used emptied hydrogen peroxide bottles for years to store XTOL, fixer, selenium toner, etc., witout noticing a problem yet.
    Well, that may be and I don't doubt you. These peroxide bottle are made of HDPE, which is not the best material around for developer storage. It will work OK for fixers and other chemistry that does not easily oxidize. A better solution are PET or PETE bottles, the kind in which soda pop and bottled water are sold. These generally are less gas permeable and have better closures. The soda pop bottles are designed to contain pressurized gas so that the contents won't go flat. Glass is best in that regard, but is heavy, fragile, and slippery when wet. I don't find that the advantages of glass bottles outweigh the disadvantages. My developers keep for at least 6 months in the PET bottles. Incidentally, many of the plastic chemical storage bottles sold in camera stores are identical to these H2O2 bottles. Brown bottles can be overkill. All of my chemistry is stored in a couple of crates in a dark corner of the basement. Haven't had a problem yet. Most of the stuff, and all the commonly used developers and fixers, are not terribly light sensitive.
    Frank Schifano

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin