Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,302   Posts: 1,536,239   Online: 712

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by KD5NRH View Post
    Hmmm...does anybody sell the Ilford-type spools with the slot-and-post attachment? With all the companies making decorative paper punches for scrapbooking, I'd think one of them could make a die to cut the end of the film to the right shape for that spool.
    I bought a load of KALT cassettes from B&H when i was in NY, they have the slot and post. I actually am in the proces of making such a "film-clipper" from razor blades. It's not perfected yet. (Nicked my fingers a lot) Reading your comment about the paper punches i surched the net for a fitting shape. No succes yet. Please let me know if you come up with one.

Jaap Jan

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by naaldvoerder View Post
    I bought a load of KALT cassettes from B&H when i was in NY, they have the slot and post. I actually am in the proces of making such a "film-clipper" from razor blades. It's not perfected yet. (Nicked my fingers a lot) Reading your comment about the paper punches i surched the net for a fitting shape. No succes yet. Please let me know if you come up with one.
    A leatherworker's strap end punch would be a good start, though I haven't seen anybody that makes them to custom shapes, and using a loose punch with a mallet in the dark sounds dangerous. I'm wondering if something could be made that would mount into a hinged board arrangement; even if it stil requires a mallet to get a clean cut, tactile guides could be cut in the bottom board, and the cutter itself is less likely to be a hazard in the darkroom.

Images
    I have used a single-hole paper punch. You don't need a fancy shaped leader. Cut a simple triangle that is long and narrow enough to pass through the slot in the spool. Punch a hole where the little tongue will catch it.
    Gadget Gainer

Images
    I have used a single-hole paper punch. You don't need a fancy shaped leader. Cut a simple triangle that is long and narrow enough to pass through the slot in the spool. Punch a hole where the little tongue will catch it.

What's this about doing it in the dark? Daykight bulk film loaders are worth the money.
    Gadget Gainer

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I agree with Nick, he needs to use decent reloadable plastic cassettes and not recycle film manufacturers ones , the proper ones are cheap enough.
    Ben

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by gainer View Post
    What's this about doing it in the dark? Daykight bulk film loaders are worth the money.
    Everything works better in the dark; no exposed tail to potentially kill your last shot. I'd rather work in the dark than have what might have been a great shot ruined by not watching the counter, and my 8000i sometimes gets the last one surprisingly close to the tail on Ilford.

Bonus; if you take pictures in the dark, you can use the same roll forever and never need chemistry.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin