Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,812   Posts: 1,581,564   Online: 975

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Lith Developer

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Does anyone know of a good lith developer avaliable in the US? I've heard of one by fotospeed and Novolith, but I can't find either here in the US.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Try Luminos in Yonkers, they are Fotospeed's American agents.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Thanks! I went to the Luminos site, but I don't think they sell direct, although they do have distrubutors, and so I found some at Freestyle. B&H also has it but they won't ship it. I also found a few recipes, so I can mix it up from scratch. :-)
    RL Foley

ann

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    How about Kodak's Kodalith developer. It is a two part developer. B &H had it last month and will ship.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I just came from their site and saw it (kodalith). Its the liquid stuff they won't send...didn't know that. In any case, I'll probably be ordering some, or the chemicals to make it myself.

Has anyone here had good results from a particular formulation/paper combo?
    RL Foley

Shooter
    Large Format
    Photo Warehouse (photowarehouse.biz) sells a two part A & B developer. They sent it to me a month ago.
    Art is a step from what is obvious and well-known toward what is arcane and concealed.

Visit my website at http://www.donaldmillerphotography.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    dnmilikan:

Is the developer you're talking about the one in the graphic arts section? Has it given you good results? Also, is there any particular paper that works well with this developer? thanks for any info you can offer!
    RL Foley

Shooter
    Large Format
    Yes, it is the one in the graphics art section. I have used the developer in producing masks for conventional silver printing. I have not used it in lith printing on photographic paper. I intend to try it for that purpose on Classic Polywarmtone paper as one of my upcoming projects. From what I understand graded Seagull paper works fairly well as a lith paper and I will try a comparison of these two papers. Sorry that I can't give you more help on this at this time. Good luck.
    Art is a step from what is obvious and well-known toward what is arcane and concealed.

Visit my website at http://www.donaldmillerphotography.com

I think the freestyle catalog has something on lith developers. I just skipped over it.

I have used the Kodak Lith Developer with Forte Polywarmtone and had interesting results.

Michael McBlane

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin