Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,929   Posts: 1,585,297   Online: 1062

Thread: Henry Wilhelm

Images
    Good Day, Fellow Apuggers!

Perhaps this isn't the correct spot for this message, but I just wanted to alert the group to a front-page article on Henry Wilhelm in The Wall Street Journal today. It doesn't have much technical detail, but it provides a lot of background information on Mr. Wilhelm and his dedication over the years; as is typical of the publication, the article is well-written and entertaining.
    Unfortunately, it does not mention anywhere the general superiority of silver-based materials compared to D**** stuff!

Konical

Back in the 70's, I bought Henry's little booklet. Used it aand bought several copies for my friends. He then asked me to pre-buy his new book, that he was working on, that promised to be the difinitive book on B&W archival research. A year and a half later, with constant re-promises, he declares bankruptcy. I wasn't so mad about time and money wasted as the fact I would never get to see any of the research. Several years pass. He does finally publish a book. Only he has decided that color is the way to go. Very little B&W information is included. Everyone praises him and he goes on to fame and awards. I have never bought his book nor read his articles nor bought anything he has endorced. There I've finale gotten my $26.00 worth off my chest.
    Grain- it's a three dimensional problem.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin