Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,225   Posts: 1,532,668   Online: 818

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Images
    I guess I screwed up. I thought you were trying to make PC-TEA from the discussion. If you want the pyrogallol color, you can follow the instructions for Pyrocat MC but use 2/3 the amount of pyrogallol in place of the catechol and use TEA for all the solvent instead of glycol. You will not approach the solubility limit of ascorbic acid in TEA. If you want the flexibility of a 2-solution developer, make Pyrocat MC with 2/3 the amount of pyrogallol in place of the catechol and use any B solution you want to try.
    Gadget Gainer

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I like 510-Pyro. I'm sure there are other staining developers I'd like as well or better. That's not really important at the moment, as I don't know why I seem to be incapable of dissolving 5g of ascorbic acid in 75ml of TEA. In any case, I'm not really inclined to change horses right now. If I were it would be because I'm flummoxed by mixing my own developers and would switch to something that came already mixed. If anyone has any idea why I'm failing to dissolve the ascorbic acid, I'd welcome advice.
    Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetuer adipiscing elit. In velit arcu, consequat at, interdum sit amet, consequat in, quam.

Images
    I agree, 5 g of ascorbic acid should dissolve easily in 75 ml of TEA or propylene glycol or even glycerol. I guess you could find out if the problem is in the ascorbic acid by trying to dissolve it in glycerol from the drug store. Warm it as you would the TEA because it also is quite viscous.
    Gadget Gainer

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Thanks, Pat. I might give that a try but frankly I'm so frustrated that I'm thinking of spending my energy on doing film speed and dev time tests with Pyrocat MC from PF.

Or maybe I could contact Mike Barger since he's a 510 guy and local to me.
    Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetuer adipiscing elit. In velit arcu, consequat at, interdum sit amet, consequat in, quam.

Images
    I think you will find the Pyrocat MC quite good. At first, it may seem that the stain is not there, but that is because there is little overall stain.
    Gadget Gainer

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin