Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,686   Posts: 1,482,320   Online: 980

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I feel very ignorant asking this question, but how do I mix pyrocat HD? I know the chemical formula to make the stock solutions, but how do I mix the stock solutions and water? The formula calls for 1 part A + 1 part B + 100mL of water. But what is the "1 part," is it all of the stock solution created in the first place? In this case I mix them together and I will have 300mL of working solution and I just need to figure out how to adjust the formulae to end up with the 500 mL I need for the unicolor tube.

Sorry for all of the questions about this but chemistry isn't my area of expertise... I'm a three times over liberal arts major

Shooter
    Large Format
    Jeremy,
    In order to arrive at 500 ml of developer, the simplest way would be to have 500 ml of water and 5 ml of each A and B. Granted this will give you 510 ML but that is probably near enough for what you want.

If you want to get this nearer to the 500 ml total, then you would need to have 490 ml of water and 4.9 ml of each A and B. That would give you 499.8 ml if you have something that will measure that precisely...Good luck.
    Art is a step from what is obvious and well-known toward what is arcane and concealed.

Visit my website at http://www.donaldmillerphotography.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I don't know either but having seen things written 1:1:100 I always thought it must have been 1 serve of part A, 1 serve of part B and 100 serves of water. So if you wanted 500ml, you'd use 5ml Part A, 5ml of Part B and 500ml of water... ok thats 510ml

Shooter
    Multi Format
    hehe! looks like I guessed right! Since I'm at work (shooosh, don't tell anyone) and interupted while typing my reply, Don has jumped in and cleared it up!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    and while I'm here... got a list of jokes in the mail today, one of which you reminded me of which was

The graduate with a Science degree asks, "Why does it work?" The graduate
    with an Engineering degree asks, "How does it work?" The graduate with an
    Accounting degree asks, "How much will it cost?" The graduate with an Arts
    degree asks, "Do you want fries with that?"

no offence intended

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Okay, thanks a lot for the info, you've cleared up my confusion. You've just got to love this site
    Let's see what I've got in the magic trash can for Mateo!

blog
    website

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin